My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, February 18, 2013

The UK In The 21st Century...

I get a bit scared writing anything political because we do have different views depending on our circumstances and life experiences, who said life had to be fair? but happens is very much due to what parliament does...especially as we get older and incomes reduce.

A friend finds stories ignored by the media of what is happening in Greece, I feel with a few exceptions our own media avoids stories that should be being told...such as the following...

The Relocating Of Locals

You know what will happen...rents will increase in these alternative locations so any relief will be temporary. Also what happens to the services, properties and jobs available to the local population?

The movement of people around the UK has always happened but when you move a lot of people in one go It must have some affect. I wonder how(though they must have said that they will accept these people)local councils and people feel. I can see why it is compared to ethnic cleansing and comparisons to the immigrant debate.

And I am not saying that as some little Englander or with any racist slant whatsoever. I have not really thought about how people moving to another country or coming here affects it socially. Why because my area has not changed much perhaps I'd feel different if I was in a larger town or city.

I also came across this today about the new Bedroom Tax(that is the unofficial name it has been given)The Government prefers to say it is a penalty for unoccupied rooms.

Would a simple way of reducing the cost of HB be that landlords, HA's and councils to reduce their rents accepting that people are struggling especially in these times? Or is that unfair or too simple as a solution. I am bound to have missed something important.

Also being on benefits or a low income does not mean that these people are the dregs of society as often the media makes out. Many are decent but all get tarred with the same brush because it easy to do so.

It's a hot topic and will polarise opinion depending on your circumstances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home