My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shrove Tuesday Becomes Shrove Wednesday...

And an amended plan...

Stirfry and pancakes today.

Possibly the same again on Thursday(Valentines Day)as I have so many pancakes to use up and the same with the stir fry and to be honest it does not bother me having the same meal over a few days...the stir fry may differ in that I may have prawns instead of chicken and put a different topping on the pancakes.

OK I am cheating. My pancakes are already made. I am not using a home made batter, they cost no more and saved me time. I just have to warm them up and add whatever topping/filling that I wish. And yesterday I found some crepes filled with lemon and they can be done in a microwave within thirty seconds and are already rolled.

Officially I don't do Lent. I never have, so I am unlikely to start now. But the media always goes about giving something up and usually food is mentioned. It does have some connection historically/religiously. Read about it here

At the weekend I may have a slice of Pork and Stuffing Lattice which I managed to buy earlier in the week for £2($3.13)I can get 4 meals out of that easily. I also found(reduced)twelve expensive pork sausages for £2.25($3.52)instead of £5($7.83)so they'll be made good use of too.

Yes,I admit that I do enjoy my food, whether it is simple fare or on the days when I bother a little bit more. Food is my luxury and I hpe will always be so.

I have spent the last few days tidying up hard drives on my PC's which have got out of hand. I cleared almost 100GB of clutter this past day(and there is probably more I can salvage)and continue to tidy up my music files and back  them up on DVD's case a hard drive fails. I did ages and used many discs but this time they fit across 20 discs and that's almost 17,000 tunes/songs so far.

1 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

No pancakes for me this year! Now back in rainy UK though so maybe I'll have a few this week.

Just read your previous comment to me, I know Baldinio had problems as well, I think it is the new Microsoft Internet Explorer as I had a problem when using that (checking on what Paul had said) seems to freeze the page or something. Very annoying but imagine it must be a Blogger? IE issue and be fixed by some update sometime.

13 February 2013 at 13:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home