My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Eye Stye...

It has almost gone...but I'll use the ointment that I was given perhaps for a week. I haven't needed that much at all and have not needed to put it into my eye under the eyelid as instructed which would make the vision blurred.

Lazy day today...the weather isn't very nice outside. It snowed a little overnight but so far I don't think any more has fallen.

I've known it be warmer indoors but I am reasonably cosy...well, I would be if I bothered to put my fingerless gloves on. I am under the duvet and my electric blanket is on gentle heat. I still have enough of my slow cooked stew for another couple of meals...that always fills my tummy and keeps me warm. And I don't get tired of sometimes having the same meal for a couple of days.

And to get the goodness of the vegetables I use the same water to make any stock or gravy that I have.

And once cooked in the slow cooker I just take a portion and cook it until it is piping hot in a saucepan which takes minutes.

I have some potatoes that have been soaking to get rid of the potassium and think I'll have a go at some home made mashed potato soon or turn them into bubble and squeak/patties...

This afternoon I may have a couple of scones with some orange jam I have open and perhaps a weak cup of tea.

I have some small low fat yogurts and fromage frais that I sometimes have...though sometimes dairy products are to be avoided with kidney problems, I do remember when I first took ill many years ago being given a yogurt on the kidney ward so I guess they think that they are ok. They were on offer and I have enough to last me through February(I spent £6)but saved £7.50 and so each pot has come down to approx 25p as opposed to 36p, it all helps...

I have switched to skimmed milk and don't have much milk anyhow but apart from the colour of tea and coffee I don't notice any difference in the taste though I can see the benefits for anyone who is healthy and able to drink semi or whole milk.

I also have some new breakfast biscuits they too were on offer. There is no way I would pay the full price of £2.39 for 24 biscuits that's approx 10p per biscuit but at present they are on offer for £1 so that brings them down to approx 4p per biscuit. Which is a little better. Besides at full price its easier to have a bowl of porridge oats and add some fruit. You'll feel fuller, warmer, I suppose the only avantage of the biscuits is that you can take them with you if you are not at home and "On The Go!"

Only I could go from a health ailment to food...

By the way all the snow has disappeared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home