My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Charity Shops...And Diets.

I purchased two books at the charity shop today(I may have to curtail that pleasure when income reduces in April)

One was "The Student Cookbook - Great Grub For The Hungry And The Broke" and though you can look at sites on line there is still something about having a book in your hand...

The other was "The Herbal Drugstore"(It tells you which herbs help work for various illnesses and conditions, alternatives to medication, how they work with or against medicines from the Dr)

There is again lots of interest in the 5/2 diet which will allow you to lose weight but the real reason for its popularity is it generally improves your health and you eat virtually whatever you wish and really the only difference is that you eat smaller portions on two days. Or rather you can eat what you like and be full but you restrict your calorie intake. So if clever you have no reason for feeling hungry and your body will adjust.

It was featured all week in the Daily Mail newspaper and was in the Daily Mirror newspaper today over 2 pages.

However a free newspaper, The Metro, which I picked up on a bus earlier in the week explained it all in a box measuring 3inches by 2inches.

I don't really do diets and it is a pity that diet is now associated as always about losing weight when whatever we eat and drink is our diet. It is a word that has been hijacked but what word could be used as a substitute I am unsure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home