My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Proud Or Ashamed...

I have said before that I have mixed feelings that in the 21st Century that many countries seen as rich economically like The States and various European countries have people in need and dependent on an increasing network of Foodbanks. Often those already operating are struggling to keep up with the demand. Anyone of us could need to ask for help from an ever increasing network of these banks that depend on the generosity of others. I have given myself and probably will again. Often those with the least themselves give the most.

When our PM said that he would visit one after a question put down in PMQ's I predicted it could go one of two ways...that the only people present would be those running the scheme or it would be orchestrated with limited press involvement.

It has happened. No media was present and in the circumstances perhaps that was the right thing to do but no one who uses them had any contact either and that makes it seem like an empty gesture.

Foodbank Visit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home