My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Music, Music, Music...

In the UK we have a radio show that has been on the air decades. Well there are couple and both are associated with Sunday morning for many.

One is a drama that claims to be the longest radio serial "The Archers" and the other is a kind of interview programme Desert Island Discs, where some public figure from entertainment, politics, medicine, the arts, to be honest it could be so many are asked to pick eight records that mean something to them in their lives and why.

I'm not sure that I could reduce my music down to such a small selection and would be taking one out and replacing it with another.

But I have signed up to a website where you post your favourite choices of music and share it with others and hope they like it too. I think you post one piece each week and you can also link it to another site where you can build up a playlist of all your choices...I've just started so there isn't much posted yet.

I choose my music for a variety of reasons...sometimes memories that I hold dear, sometimes the lyrics, sometimes the emotional effect it holds on me be it sad or happy, sometimes because I want to share it, sometimes I'll choose the obvious and what I see as the definitive version of a song but occasionally if I find a version I feel is different but as good as the original that may be posted too.

The site is called "This is my Jam" I hope that you enjoy my selection but you can listen to whoever you wish and can listen to so many great songs...even sign up and post your own.

Search for Gildy55 and hopefully you'll hear mine and see the selection grow in time. You'll find a lot of old and melodic music but there will be some rock and pop included eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home