My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Wow!

Just back from a concert by Chris Dean's Syd Lawrence Orchestra(Big Band)Only sixteen in the band If you include Chris who MC'd the show, sang, played trombone and conducted too. There was the addition of a female vocalist.


You just don't want nights like this to come to an end. I could not fault one song/tune and the selection chosen. I can't remember everything but I'll have a jolly good try...

With A Song In My Heart, American Patrol, Little Brown Jug, In The Mood, Moonlight Serenade, String Of Pearls, Girl Talk, Sing Sing Sing, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm, The Deadwood Stage, Love Me Or Leave Me, Begin The Beguine, It's Magic, Night And Day, Around The World, Get Me To The Church On Time, All Of Me, Tangerine, Bye Bye Blues, Truly(Lionel Ritchie's song)so newer songs can be adapted...I think that I have done well to remember that many.

I noticed on a few occasions that realising that I was enjoying the show Chris gave me a smile.

Chris was heading home in this horrible icy snowy weather all the way from Durham to Portsmouth approx three hundred and twenty six miles and that's around five and a half hours. I must admit I would not relish that journey myself. Well, not on a night like this...

If I knew that I had the money and also was free in June they are doing three days at some kind of holiday resort(Holiday Camp seems a wrong description)and on the third day they are adding strings to the orchestra and are going to play a Hollywood Prom night.

It started to snow as I came out of the theatre but not that much, there was more snow in my town when I got back...

Nice to be safe in my home, I don't like walking the streets late at night alone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home