My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, January 21, 2013

A Case Of Self Imposed Imprisonment...

Its not very good weather wise and more snow has fallen overnight/early morning so if I can avoid going stir crazy I will spend this afternoon having a big tidy up as come Wednesday my landlord wants to check out the electrics of the property and the test could take as long as two hours.

Funnily enough, with more snow down I am warmer in the house(even without the heating on)

I have plenty of food and drink and as long as there is not a power cut I can have warm meals and drinks during the day.

I have a casserole/stew in the slow cooker which I cooked overnight and is now on the warm setting and I plan to eat that this evening(if there is any remaining, I'll put it in the fridge and have it tomorrow or the following day)Only a small amount of meat(I can't decide if it is pork or lamb)but lots of vegetables(Cauliflower, Broccoli, Leeks, Potato, Parsnip, Red Onion, Onion, Celery, Garlic, Carrot, Swede, Curley Kale, Mushrooms)and in a gravy.

Sometimes its chucky, othertimes more like shredded but that makes it easier to cook, often it is like a very hearty soup.

Later this morning I may have either cereal or porridge with some fruit(Berries and/or Banana)

Wish I had room in the freezer to get some salmon whilst it is on offer but it can't be done.

I purchased my first jar of mustard yesterday...I tried to find a really mild one but may have purchased one a little stronger(it appears you can get a mild version in the States)but here they are all quite strong so I may find I don't like it but as it only cost 49p(79c)I don't feel too bad. I went for Dijon. Whilst on I also purchased some Tartar Sauce and Mint Sauce.

Did I mention? A week or two ago I wanted to buy two thermal T-shirts at the local discount supermarket(They have special deals on Thursdays and Sundays)which are different in that these can be worn outside rather than as underwear and they had not come in when they were supposed to. They were available yesterday so I bought one in grey and one in blue. They were reasonably priced at £2.99($4.77)

It is obvious that some items come around again if you wait long emough so hopefully some things I cannot afford first time around or miss I'll buy next time...Woks are on sale again soon,.I bought some last year. It gives me time to save up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home