My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Unrequited Love...

Was it? Is it really Unrequited Love? Who knows...It wasn't to be, so in the true sense of the word as I never made it obvious or did anything about it at the time perhaps it could have been, might have been returned had I made it obvious. She was at school, but had a boyfriend. Decades have passed.

I have never heard or seen her or most of my school friends since leaving, chances are they all moved away and made a life for themselves. Most have married and had children of their own.

Did they do all they hoped? Fulfilling their dreams? Or did things not go as planned? Did they have joy or sadness in their lives or both?

I'll never know. My best friend probably has money but is he really happy? He returned some years ago and hunted me and Mum out. It was almost as if it was something that he had to do. He has a broken relationship behind him, a child he confessed to having and the last I heard he had a job as a holiday rep.

Is he happy? Is his life worth more than mine? Probably not.

What will be, will be.

I awoke feeling wistful and why because I have dreamed of the one lost love I had(well never had)from all those years ago but in my dream I came as close as I ever could to succeeding. I had almost confessed in a note after meeting again some years later of my feelings and had the blessing(Kind of)of at least one of her parents. I even overheard that I was in with a chance...then I woke up!

That happens in dreams...

"Let no one who loves be called altogether unhappy. Even love unreturned has its rainbow." JM Barrie(Author)

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home