My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's A Cold And Frosty One...

I managed to get through to the remembrance service in Darlington and it took place at a church I have seen for decades but have never ever been inside(but hey there are many I have never entered around the country and never will)St. Cuthbert's Church is approx 800 years old. It was emotional and again I found my voice breaking as I attempted to sing the carols but I did find the strength to sing some as strong as I ever have. A dedication was hung on the Christmas Tree to Mum and Dad and we were able to light a candle in memory of our loved one's.

I did not stay for refreshments, the bus service is rubbish and to stay could have meant hanging around for perhaps another hour or so on what was a very cold nght. To be honest it was pretty cold in the church and I had on thermals, thermal socks, two scarfs, a shirt, a thick jumper, trousers(of course)and a jacket for the service but I never got out of wearing the coat. And as soon as it was over I was back into my woollen hat and gloves too.

I managed to time it so I did not have to wait too long for a bus home but passed some businesses close to the church for such a vibrant town as I remember it, especially the retail centre of the town it is "Dead!"  There was what looked like an ice rink in the market place with people ready to help the public and security staff...no one using it.

A jumping horse carrousel closed and desserted. Another Christmas themed area in another location was desserted too. The little supermarket had perhaps one customer as I passed by, most takeaways empty with staff standing around, a resturant had two couples and again staff looking for something to do. How are these businesses surviving? People aren't spending.

It all looked so folorn.

Well I caught a bus that brought me back to town via a route nearest to the new "Live" music venue I have found on my town and so I qlighted at the stop nearest to the club where it takes place. A small walk and I was in the warmth of this club with such friendly people. And there was still virtually two hours of entertainment, all local people, many are not professionals or they used to be but the quality
of these performers is great. So I purchased a raffle ticket and a drink which lasted that time. By it was cold last night. Even on that short walk to the club from the bus stop and with all my extra clothes I was cold.

When I came home I made myself some pease putting and ham butties and made my way to bed. TBH I have stayed there as it is so cold and there isn't much to do at present.

Think I'll have a look out and claim my small win on the Euromillions(it's only small but it will pay for the next three draws)and it saves me paying new money. Also, I hope to buy a cheap Christmas cake. And buy some of the vitamins I mentioned in the previous post. The only one's I think I will have difficulty getting in town are the Ginger capsules.

So I'm off for a hot mug of coffee and away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home