My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

I Got My Christmas Cake :o)

and a few extras besides...of the Yellow stickered variety.

The check out girl said if it is too much I can freeze it into portions and make it last longer. That's good to know. I have some Mr Kipling Luxury Mince Pies £1.80 for a box of six but for an extra 20p there were two boxes so that's twelve pies which seemed a better buy to me. Also some Mr Kipling Winter Warmers on a similar offer. So I will try and have a Christmas full of nice things to eat and drink and put the effort in. Of course I am missing the most important element but will do my best.

I managed to fall on the way home. I am sure if anyone was watching me attempt not to, I looked as though I was drunk. I'd like to blame the icy paths but I think I just lost my balance, the only good thing is that I fell on grass not on the path or road itself.

Tonight I managed some more "nice" things and though I spent around £6(I saved approx £7)and I can stretch the roast sliced pork and prawns over a few meals and sandwiches. But I have something worth £4 which cost me £2(a little more than I normally budget for food for one day but something I would not normally consider it is a treat a kind of fancy Roast with potato, butternut squash, pine nuts, port and other ingredients)

It's a bit fancy TBH.

A brass band was in the entrance of the supermarket playing carols and it gave me a melancholic feeling, I suspect that they always will...I found myself thinking of when I was a child and I felt safe as though I could come to no harm and all was well as Mum and Dad were there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home