My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Next Year...

Many will tighten their belts. Struggling to keep a roof over their heads and seeing their income(working or not working)for whatever the reason but please lets hope that most of us spending time with loved one's, friends or alone can have at least a rest from the worries of this year and what the future may bring.

I wish all a Happy Christmas also a peaceful and better New Year.

I plan to have a quiet time. Somewhat reflective I suppose. I am fortunate in that I have plenty of food in the fridge/freezer, in my food store and can make something nice either from scratch or by cheating using a combination of items and being single I can prepare my meal very quickly and decide on the day.

It may not be Turkey or Chicken I don't know, I have some nice fish or alternative meat that was on offer that I am still working through. But I will accompany it with all the "Trimmings" and I also have plenty of cake, desserts and Christmas Puddings/mince pies etc...to get through too. And though not a big drinker, as I originally purchased some to celebrate and share with Mum for her birthday and the Festive season(but never did)I have quite a lot to choose from(including some champagne)which I would not normally buy and probably will not consider in the future. I may not be able to afford or may see it as a waste of money.

But I will have a little tipple and raise a glass to my friends on here and wish everyone the best. I may also light a few candles.

And I will do much as I do any other day...have a sleep, try and stay warm, listen to some radio and try and watch a little TV. There is nowhere to go, no public transport and everywhere is closed.

For readers abroad many in the UK have had their festive season and plans to be with loved ones disrupted not by snow but due to rain and many areas have suffered flooding. Here, my garden is waterlogged but so far any flooding has not happened. Around 2am this morning without warning gale force winds came from nowhere and it was a wild night but it has helped drive the rain away and the sun is shining. It has not totally gone away but it has died down quite a bit.

I am hoping to attend a carol service early this evening all being well and may attend the late service tomorrow on Christmas Eve into Christmas Day around Midnight.

So once again Happy Christmas to you all...smileys singing carols emoticon

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Discovered your blog a few weeks ago and was very concerned that you might be unwell when you didn't post during past week. Glad to see you back today and seeming well. Hope you enjoyed carol service if you managed to get there.

23 December 2012 at 22:22  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Can't say why but I was disappointed with the service...but I plan to go to another late on Christmas Eve at a church I feel more atune to. It means walking home probably alone on deserted streets probably in the early hours but it brings back memories of perhaps 40 years or more when it seemed to snow at this time of year. I wonder if it really did.

It was new and unspoilt. Mum, Dad and myself would walk to church, walk home in the frosty air with the crunch of snow under foot and open our presents, have a cup of tea and probably a chicken sandwich before going to bed.

23 December 2012 at 22:42  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you Susan for being concerned, that really makes a difference, knowing someone is that interested in my ramblings and especially when you have to jump through so many hoops to leave a comment. I may lift that condition soon and make it easier again.

23 December 2012 at 22:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home