My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Last Night(Part One...)

Whilst able I went out last night and did something a little different, it still cost money and I have cut back on something else mainly because the future is unknown, If things were clearer I'd know what I have to play with. I never thought that on a Saturday night, I would be attending a local church and watching the Durham Constabulary Male Voice Choir. It started around 6.30pm and allowing for the interval ran for nearly two hours. There was cheese and wine to follow but I came home. Most attending were couples or groups of friends.

It was a different way to spend a night and being on the town it saved on bus and taxi fares and the ticket was only £5.

A town my size is poorly served for social events on an evening and I think even the pubs are not as busy as they used to be. To be honest being alone I would feel a bit awkward going in and drinking, if I want to do that I can do that at home, isolated yes but less expensive.

The person organising the concert for the church said he hoped we were warm enough. It was warmer than my home if he did but realise. Often a supermarket is warmer(even in the freezer section)

The concert had some soloists and I cannot remember all that they were but it was a varied selection some show tunes, religious and popular ones.

How Great Thou Art, I Dreamed A Dream, Bring Him Home, Down By The Riverside, When The Saints Go Marching In, Last Of The Summer Wine, Portrait Of My Love, An American Trilogy, Nessun Dorma, The Rose, You Raise Me Up. The Day Thou Gavest amongst others. Twenty Six songs in total.

When I came out of the concert it was pouring down. Only three streets from my home but at my speed it takes quite a long time, approx 30 minutes last night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will cheer you up - a bit of fun and laughter to lighten your day.

Employee Notice For Old People ...

EMPLOYEE NOTICE
**************************
Due to the current financial situation caused by the slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 50 years of age and above on early, mandatory retirement, thus creating jobs and reducing unemployment.

This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).

Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to the Government to be considered for the SHAFT program (Special Help After Forced Termination).

Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).

A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as the Government deems appropriate.

Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependents & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).

Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED any further by the Government.

Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much SHIT (Special High Intensity Training) as possible. The Government has always prided themselves on the amount of SHIT they give our citizens.

Should you feel that you do not receive enough SHIT, please bring this to the attention of your MP, who has been trained to give you all the SHIT you can handle.

Sincerely,
The Committee for Economic Value of Individual Lives (E.V.I.L.)

PS - Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

Nick

27 November 2012 at 11:18  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you Nick :o)

There is some truth in it too...

Some one on a special programme about the 70th anniversary of the Welfare State on Radio 4 this morning is suggesting more part time jobs but better paid.

With a lack of jobs and employers paying low wages already can anyone see a employers willing to pay more?

A big critcism of the special programme is they have spent two hours talking to experts. Hardly anyone who has to claim from the State for whatever the reason has been included.

It would have meant much more to hear from the Unemployed, the ill, the carers, the pensioners, those who cannot afford to eat or heat their homes. Those who actually are thankful for the help they receive.

About the obsticles that get in the way to help take people off State help.

The schemes that are thought up to help the disadvantaged that often fail.

It would have been nice to have those who use the system talk to and argue with the ministers(especially IDS)who is bringing in the changes that are going to affect so many in the coming months...

I thought the BBC programme would be slanted one way and I was not disappointed.

27 November 2012 at 12:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home