My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day...

I should have continued to clear rubbish away but will do that in the next few days...TBH, I couldn't be bothered.

I took ill and was really out of it once I reached church last night, I sat for most of the service but stayed having made the effort. I felt really strange. I was disorientated. I also had a tingling sensation in my right arm and hand(thankfully not the left which is associated with heart attacks)

I did not take my communion either but will next time that I attend.

I slept best part of the night away and have most of the day. I am much improved. My first Christmas without Mum and alone but I am quite positive, not too sad and reasonably calm. I feel quite peaceful.

I have spent the day listening to the radio and found some programmes that would have pleased Mum but I don't feel sad. The music that we both loved. TV has not really served up anything special. I am sure if I had turned it on I could have been taken in and found enough to watch but again too many repeats and a lot of the light hearted shows that made Christmas special just are no longer made any more. It is all soaps and films.

I have had to re-arrange my fridge/freezer to avoid some items becoming out of date and that means I have had to let a few things go...to save the more expensive items so I have thrown out some fish fingers, Yorkshire puddings and a bag of rice.

I have delayed my Christmas meal and kept it simple and gone for a small salad, a yogurt and a mug of coffee. But nothing will be wasted. I will probably have chicken, vegetables, potatoes and cranberry tomorrow. Perhaps followed by Christmas pudding or a mince pie. If what I have is still used next year that's OK...

I could change my mind of course and go for one of my usual stews in the slow cooker, you know... lots of vegetables. But I can cook a meal very quickly using saucepans, that way vegetables remain sepertate. Most can be cooked within 10-15 minutes and potatoes in around 20 minutes. The time can be speeded up and amount of energy reduced if I start with hot water rather than warming it up from cold on the hobs.

Update:I decided to have some of the fishfingers for supper with buttered bread and so I have not thrown out that much in the end.

Who knows what this year will bring, I hope it is not as bad as feared but I think many will find it a difficult one and many will be suffering. But at least Christmas has passed much better than I thought that it would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home