My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Back To My Usual Self?

Well, I am managing to take an interest in some TV and Radio again...I am sleeping reasonably well, when I can get comfortable.  It's funny when you have a health condition how it can vary and every day is different.

Early yesterday afternoon I had to send in some dreaded forms that may/may not see me continuing to receive the help I need from the State. Having to have a medical. I was like a 90 year old man, shuffling along and in pain and taking ages to get where I needed to go. Sorry that is unfair to some elderly who are quite fit and can give youngsters a run for their money.

I went out around 9pm to a local supermarket and though not brilliant the difference was noticeable.

Well, it looks as though I will have a festive meal on Christmas Day with all the trimmings but not necessarily Turkey, it could end up being chicken or pork. I have quite a lot of meat that I have acquired when the supermarket reduces items near their sell by date. I have even wondered if I should have fish...I have lemon sole, sea bass, salmon, tuna streak and mackerel.

I have quite a few options. Tonight I made some meatballs. Now this was done in a way I had never thought of before but I have seen a few TV cooks do this...They have been splitting sausages and taking the meat out of the casing. You know what it was only four chipolata sausages but I was amazed how much meat was in there. I'll do it again and do something perhaps more adventurous. I just had baked beans, sliced mushrooms and fried eggs...

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Merry Christmas Gildy, the best you can! Best wishes, Span (David)

24 December 2012 at 19:52  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You beat me to it!

Thank you Span. May I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas too...

I hope that I will start to read and leave comments more often in the New Year too.

Not doing too bad David...had a small salad, resting and then planning on going to a Christmas church service around Midnight.

24 December 2012 at 20:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home