My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Stacey Kent

I saw a concert of Stacey last evening. She has a disarming personality/charm about her. A gentle voice but perhaps is best suited to a theatre that I was in yesterday as it needs to be an intimate venue. Her husband played a variety of instruments including saxophone and he is also her producer and I suppose manager.

Some songs were new new to me but she also sang quite a few standards..."Stardust""Smile""Mood Indigo" "So Nice"Corcovado""Hushabye Mountain" That last song always gets to me, I don't know why, it has such an innocence and in the context of its original setting it is sung to children as a lullaby to send children to sleep and to stop them being frightened of many of the things that sadly we have to face in life and have no choice. Staceys version has a wistful quality.

The concert was enjoyable and the audience appreciative but it was one of the shortest concerts I have been to. Even those vintage performers who are much older have usually given a first half lasting approx 50 minutes and the second half of 80 minutes so if it starts at 7.30pm you leave around 10pm.

But we were out of the theatre by 9.30pm and I reckon we had a first half of 45 minutes and a second half of of approx 45 minutes. Perhaps this is the norm and the other shows have spoilt us...or perhaps it was so special we wanted it to last longer.

Unfortunately, this meant that I had missed an earlier bus home by the time I reached the bus station  and as they only run approx every hour in the evening I had to wait 75 mins for the last bus  and so did not get home until almost midnight.

And now there is a notice on all buses that there are to be changes to most services in the area and that usually means bad news. Such as a reduced service or it being withdrawn, so we'll all be looking at the new timetables that start at the end of October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home