My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Feel A Bit Down Again...

Subconsciously I think I still associate Sundays with losing Mum and it being a relaxing day listening to our music programmes on the radio.

Well, I found it was warmer yesterday and I was not as cold in the house/bed. I used a small cheap thermometer I found for 99p($1.61)and being magnetic you can fasten it to some items(like the inside of a fridge)or stand it up like a photo frame so you can stand it on a shelf or desk. I still managed to avoid putting the heating on(it's awful avoiding using something that is supposed to be for your well being)

I suspect it will always be so from now on as my income will remain low whether I could work or continue to receive help from the State as prices continue to rise but income will remain frozen, reduce or be taken away. I still hope a lodger may make a difference but am unsure if it will make much difference as before you know it you may have to tax and on benefits you may get extra in one hand but see it removed in the other.

I have noticed the thermometer said approx 15c-18c(60f-66f)for my bedroom overnight(where I have placed it)and this afternoon it seems the same again. Better than the previous night when I was in PJ's, thermal socks and so I could still use the keyboard, a pair of fingerless gloves. The hands were warm but the fingers cold.

I suspect many are living this way in a so called rich economy seems wrong to me in the 21st century and I don't see it getting any better from noises coming out of the recent political party conferences and in particular the one taking place this week which is the main party in power at present.

The shadow party may not have come up with the ideas but will obviously accept most of what has been passed and continue with them.

And the coalition partner is only slightly different in it's outlook and has gone along with most of the ideas and unless the public vote as before and we have another coalition they don't stand a chance of being in power again, there are too few of them and many dislike the way they've gone along with many of the policies that have been instigated and some of what was promised in their manifesto were cancelled. And for those reading abroad the leader of that party has had to apologise for not keeping his promise.

If/when the next election happens we have a big problem. A couple really...in the US the Democrats and Republicans appear as an outsider to have different policies. Having said that I suspect many are saying similar things there to what we are and how much of what is promised ever gets passed into law. So you really can only judge what is happening in your own country the parties seem much the same. They all lean to the right. We don't seem to have a centre or left leaning party. So who are you going to vote for? Yet, if you don't vote you could be told "What right have you to complain when things don't go as you'd wish!"

I am really disillusioned with how things are. Even the parties that could be an alternative and are seen as a threat or worry the established parties all lean to the right...one is very hard on immigrants and is seen as being racist and the other one only seems to talk about wanting to get the UK out of the European Market or at least give the UK population a referendum with the question "in or out!"

In some ways I would like to be out when I see the amount of money a country our size pays into it but I suspect it does offer those least well off some protection socially, pension wise, work wise and medically. So I might be tempted to vote to remain in it. As any money saved by coming out of it we would not see the benefit and if we continued to have a Government like we have now there would be no breaks on what it could do or pass.

Though I never seem to see any benefit from what the European Parliament pass especially now that virtual every country is struggling and near bankrupt caused by the bankers a few years ago and now the problems with the Euro currency. What is happening in Greece is truly frightening and Ireland is already living through it and Portugal, Italy and Spain look dodgy.

No wonder I feel down...An anon once said stop looking at the big picture and just think of yourself but a lot of what is going on will affect me and many others I am too dependent on the decisions of others and I am too old to be able to make much a difference to my life and future any more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're not too old, you mustn't be defeatist !

8 October 2012 at 00:12  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm trying not to be. We'll just have to see how things pan out...

8 October 2012 at 01:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home