My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

I'm No Snob...

but who would have thought I would be searching the cheap shelves of the local supermarket where they put the almost out of date food items and my local supermarket is normally rubbish at this. I never seem to spot the bargains other people find and mention but tonight there was a lot of good quality stuff but I had forgotten to take enough money with me.

But I did get £10 worth of food for £3.30 and that included a pork loin, breaded Haddock and some quality sausages...and a lot of the fresh vegetables(prepared to save me time)and not really any more expensive than loose vegetables as they had knocked 50p off here or you could buy one packet for £1 or two for an extra 25p. So that came out at £4.22 and for that I got swede, onions, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, leeks, carrots, curly kale so that should do a few meals...

At least the new discount supermarket opens on November 8th so I may benefit from that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Nothing wrong with the cheap shelves Gildy, often the best bargains are only because the original packaging is damaged.

21 October 2012 at 17:51  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I wish my local SM would put more out than they do...some of the bargains I see that others get are wonderful. If I'd had the money I could have purchased more sausages, fish and another pork loin...it was the best selection I have ever seen...

But hey...in approx 18 days Aldi's open :-)

Been looking at what Lidl have too only that store is not on this town sadly.

What specials and choice(good prices)the bad news being that I am on a limited budget so will still miss out. Also I have to think about the future, still good to have more choice though.

22 October 2012 at 00:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home