My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

I Awoke In A More Positive Frame Of Mind...

It may not last but I'll take it!

When I eventually get going. I have no reason to go out and if I do I'll probably spend money. Income being low I should try and hang onto what I have for when things become even tougher.

So having organised the fridge freezer yesterday, once again I will take a look at the kitchen cupboards, pantry and food store. Then try and get them into some order once more.

And just perhaps today I will make the effort to have a little extra food today.

Perhaps some cereal, fruit and milk. Later in the day perhaps a salad and...chuck a few items in the slow cooker and have a casserole but decide whether to have chicken or sausage as the meat. If I have cooked too much(and as there is no room in the freezer I understand I can cool down what remains and if I use it within a day or two I can chill it and leave it in the fridge and have another meal by just heating it so it is piping hot. And this time it should not take as long to get ready.

And I may dig out a kitchen gadget I purchased that was on offer which I haven't used as yet but may save me time and make the preparation quicker...rather than use a knife I have a Nicer Dicer.

Update:10am - I have already added an extra couple of items to my meal plan for today...they had to be used up so  I have had a couple of yogurts not unlike the Muller Fruit Corners which were rather nice, a kind of rhubarb one and another which was plum, apple and pear.

3pm I have lost it again and feel a bit troubled but I am trying to throw myself into some housework, there's not much else to. If I go out I'll only be walking the streets or going into the same shops or looking in shop windows. And as said earlier I don't want to spend just for the sake of it.

And later in the year or the next there won't be even that amount of money to spend anyhow. So I better get used to it!

I still think I am doing reasonably well, I am trying not to seek out medical help and if I do I don't see it as failure. Yet I wonder if I should make an appointment and see my Family Dr? Even if I do, if he thinks I am doing ok he'll not put me anti depressents or offer treatment if he doesn't think that I need it...

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicky said...

Definitely grab it with both hands! I would go with sausage casserole, there is something very homely about it :)

9 October 2012 at 10:10  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I do feel more my usual self today...

That sausage casserole does sound good, I'll go for it...

I said somewhere else(You know where)how expensive meat is becoming but now I eat less of it and bulk meals out.

However, I was going to buy some Quorn items on offer(Buy three items for £5.50)but they were the smaller items in the range(so not much of a saving)but for an extra £1.50 I got real chicken(ok frozen and sliced)18 sausages(The Quorn version only had 6)and some real turkey mince. So I should be able to stretch that out to do a few meals...

9 October 2012 at 11:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really think you're that low, go & see your GP, but I'm sure what you really need to do is join some social club in your town, only if it's one where you meet up with other people for coffeee once a week, you're spending too much time by yourself .

9 October 2012 at 23:20  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I picked up again by late afternoon and haven't been too bad since...

Also had a decent meal, had a look out and did a very small shop.

Found some lean mince reduced from £4 to £1.60.

So hopefully can do a few decent meals in the coming weeks...

9 October 2012 at 23:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home