My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, October 19, 2012

I Feel More Positive This Morning...

Just as well, as when I contacted the surgery my Dr was not available today and has already gone on holiday. So I will wait until he returns. A couple of weeks will not make much difference now...the fact I can say that has to be a good sign.

I have discovered that my idea of having a lodger may be a no go, however some information has come to light to suggest that if I can wait until the new changes come in this time next year there is the suggestion that you can and would be allowed to keep more of your benefits(unlike the way they would be affected now)and keep more from the lodger.

What we need is more information and at the minute there are more questions than answers but basically I have to try and keep my head down and hope I can ride out the next 12 months. But the main changes come in two stages April and from October. I have to hope there are no surprises in between those times.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ian Young said...

I'm glad you're feeling more positive Gildy. Will you fix up an appointment when the doc's back?

20 October 2012 at 10:13  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Ian,
I cannot decide whether it is grief that I am feeling and I am assuming it is depression.

I don't see depression as anything to be ashamed if that is what it is.

I may make an appointment on Monday and see another Dr, it is a group practice. They all seem to have a pretty good reputation.

I think all the thoughts I have are normal and most of us have them at some time in their lives.

In my favour I sleep reasonably well, I have not lost my appetite even if it is a bit of an effort to bother to prepare meals.

I still listen to music and the radio, some tv(which I could not do before)and still use the internet.

When you have depression badly you have no interest in anything. That includes taking care of your personal appearance and I do try to see that I am reasonably tidy when I go out.

But it is better to sort it out before it has the chance to get out of hand.

20 October 2012 at 15:25  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

If I haven't said it already, my worst time is approx afternoons...not mornings, evenings or the early hours, normally approx midday to teatime...

20 October 2012 at 15:29  
Blogger Ian Y said...

I'm sure it would be a good idea to go to the doctor soon Gildy, particularly if you have been feeling worse in recent weeks

20 October 2012 at 21:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home