My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Get Up And Go...

Not as to leaving here but just getting my back my interest in things...my visit to the CAB knocked me back a little...As I said earlier, the best news would appear to be that all being well I shall a roof over my head even if the place is horrible and the location leaves a lot to be desired.

It may ok as long as I can remain in a Council house(I hate the new term that is used Social Housing)Suspect that they use that term because it sounds less judgemental and does not have the connotations of old. Or in a home owned by a Housing Association.

Unfortunately, being in a property owned by either of these landlords if they cannot offer a smaller property for the amount of people that require one, you have to take what's available or stay put and from next April that means for every empty unused bedroom you have to pay an extra £13. the only advantage(well perhaps two)are if you need a repair doing they do it(I was going to say for free)but you pay plenty in rent, council tax and soon bedroom tax...the other advantage is that hopefully you'll always have a roof over your head.

Private landlords are tempting sometimes but they can get rid of you quite easily and usually charge more for their rooms...

Now one anon has said that all I have to worry about is a change in the benefit system regarding whether I am  fit for work, well if anyone saw those tv documentaries a few weeks ago in the UK there is everything to fear, an uncover Dr and we saw and heard his training with the company doing the assessments and then when he said after examination eight people were to ill to work he was told to change his findings...In another documentary there were lots of examples but one lady who shakes violently and shuffles by inches has been put in the fit for work group at least four times(I believe it said)

So nothing to fear? I think there is everything to fear...

Ironically, the paralympics started today where people with various physical problems are competing with each other to show what they are capable of but many disabled are angry and upset that the company that do these assessments and are paid million by a Government contract are a sponsor of the event. There was a demonstration today. It was mentioned on the radio but I have no idea if it was mentioned on the tv news...

The Huffington Post

I will address other points you have brought up soon...I'm not ducking them...in the meantime I and others who read or post here are at a disadvantage in that often comments are made in answer to what I write but we cannot discuss points raised because often especially on the comments that are anonymous we have no idea what experiences or lives the posters are living that result in the views that they have...

We don't know if they are working, disabled, have savings, are young, old, retired, male or female, from the UK or another part  of the world and so on...at least Jan and crl2amb give you something to work with...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...



Why have you got anything to fear?The fact is all this benefit filtering lark is about, is those people claiming sickness benfits who are clearly fit for work and have been caught on video playing golf or whatever. You are legally protected by your doctor's certificate.
That is more than they dare do is send somebody to work who might cause an accident to themselves or somebody else, the court bill to them would be enormous -so stop worrying.
If they do offer you smaller accomadation, then you still have a right to refuse it and you can swop with anybody in the country with any large family that might need your house. So you could start a new life somewhere else?

29 August 2012 at 23:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Wrong I am afraid...Being in a house owned by a Housing Association they decide who I can swap with and in this area you have to bid for properties but you are correct that you can turn down what is offered.

If you saw the documentaries I mentioned you'd see that many genuine people are being failed and they don't accept medical records or any information you take along from your Dr or Consultant but they may allow it if you manage to go to appeal.

And I haven't written my post about housing but as you mentioned it, the changes coming will see some income reduced, removed and some new charges are introduced many do not realise what's coming, others do and are understandably concerned and many of those who will be affected are working.

30 August 2012 at 03:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home