My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

They'll Have To Be A Treat...

Unless I can make something similar cheaper but I have discovered Bacardi Rum Breezers and I love them...the ones I have been drinking this week had a best before date of November 2011(told you I'm not a big drinker)but they tasted perfectly fine to me so this proves that most alcohol will last well past the date on the bottle and is mainly done for the retailer.

So I will get some new Booze but work my way through the bottles that have been neglected over the last few years...

I went to the CAB earlier in the day for advice but that was a waste of time so I will have to go on my own instinct for now...

On the way home I looked for some trainers and shoes on the town but wasn't impressed, will have to look in a neighbouring town, maybe when I look for a mattress and the electric blankets.

I did come home with a box of strawberries and some Winter Flowering Pansies for "Mum's" garden/baskets.

As I had to sit up all night to make a phone call to Mum's brother in America last night and did not manage to talk with him until around 4am I was up all night so have spent most of the day catching up on sleep.

Anyhow, my main meal today changed and for quickness I had a small can of spaghetti hoops, ham, a tomato and some toast.

Some days I eat more, some days less. But if you are not burning the calories off you can manage on less and without going over board the important thing is the nutritional value and to some extent the calorific value.

With my coffee, milk, booze, orange juice, sweetener, bread and a thin spread of butter and water today it approx breaks down as follows...

Cals 1724, Fat 60g, Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 1279mg, Carbs 284g, Fibre 5g, Protein 43g, Sugars 132g

You can have a go at looking at the free calorie counter My plate and fitness information, recipes etc...at www.livestrong.com

Some items are not available in the UK so you have to choose a similar item to get an approx idea but a lot of the on line calorie counters are tied into a fitness plan or trying to get you to lose weight. An may cost you money.

I just wanted to know how many calories there are in what I am eating. Of course if I eat less than 2,000 I will probably lose weight, if I eat approx 2,000 calories daily I will maintain my weight. But even then it's playing off what you intake against what you burn off.

I don't usually count calories,  I just eat what I want, when I want.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

another one I use, and is completely free online is myfitnesspal ;)

8 August 2012 at 09:32  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you for that Michelle, I will look it may be better...I did see it but cannot remember if I visited the site...

8 August 2012 at 10:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home