My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 06, 2012

Here We Go...

At last some newspapers are reporting what is happening and not being diverted by the positive slant the Olympics have made the public forget their troubles for a couple of weeks and look as life in the UK as fantastic...the problem is that those on low wages, the sick and vulnerable who need State help in some form will not I am afraid be the only people affected.

Those who are working(or are classed as of working age)will probably see their income reduced because a new form of Council Tax is being introduced that will be run, collected and thought out by individual councils across the UK(I suspect Scotland will be different, it usually is)so neighbouring authorities may have a totally system to each other.

I think it is just as easy to post links and hope you'll read all the different ideas, see who will be affected and the consequences. And to see the comments left by readers(even allowing for trolls)most are scared or angry about what is being proposed...sorry, I'm saying proposed, the new idea is coming in 2013 as is the Bedroom Tax...

I have seen more specific examples of what certain councils plan to do but it's not fair to post those plans here and where they are they are subject to copyright...

Just about everyone, should be afraid, very afraid...

The Independent

East Anglian Daily News

The Independent

The Information Daily

The Press Association

The changes seem to be only being discussed on forums not the media, try this at MSE

But you know if income is tight, how will it help stimulate the economy? Because there will be even less money being spent which will threaten the future profits of many companies and that in turn could see more people being put out of work or not being hired.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

I just don't understand it all pops. Are there any changes afoot for families who don't get council tax benefit i.e. are we going to see rises in our CT bill?

I am getting scared. I'm getting really scared.

7 August 2012 at 19:51  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

My worry is being single if they do not see me as vulnerable and I don't jump through the hoops I will be homeless...At least if they move me, I am still with a roof over my head even if the place is horrible.

If I read correctly, if the councils do not take more money from those all ready struggling they could decide to increase what another family pays to compensate what they are losing elsewhere.

The public may wake up one morning and it's too late or find out sooner if the media flags it up.

They are not going to like it!

Similar schemes have been tried at various times in history and have usually failed. This political party(Tory)seems to keep returning to it but keep tinkering with it and giving it different names.

7 August 2012 at 20:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing is for sure you will not homeless.
Half the council tax is never collected anyway, some councils are owed millions and millions by council tax dodgers.This tightening of the budget might make them have a bit of effort for them to go out and start recovering it for a change?

7 August 2012 at 20:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I think as income shrinks many will be at risk because of rent arrears...

I don't think Housing Associations are as caring as councils used to be. You have to be vulnerable in some way or have vulnerable members of a family living with with you.

An example would be when Mum was here...

Someone(obviously ill)was at CAB today and had, had his DLA removed and was seeking advice on form filling trying to get it back via a tribuneral and it will take 36 weeks+ whether a successful outcome or not.

And from April next year they start to change/remove it anyhow...

7 August 2012 at 23:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home