My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 06, 2012

That Slow Cooker Is Wonderful...

I managed to have what was virtually a lamb casserole. I put some frozen veg in a kind of lamb casserole mix(water and a kind of sachet with herbs etc...)some diced lamb. That went in one roasting bag, some roast potatoes in another roasting bag)On went the cooker. Ten minutes before serving up I put some cabbage and leak in a steam bag in the microwave. How easy is that?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

So pleased you're getting along famously with it. I love mine too :)

6 August 2012 at 14:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

How can you be robbed at £12, I guess it means I can cook cheaper cuts of meat. Years ago neck of lamb was popular...it was even mentioned on tv programmes...

I have avoided a joint of meat so far(one person and all that)but perhaps the trick is to cut it down into thirds and freeze some...cook one portion then you can slice it to use in meals/sandwiches and yoy could still freeze the cooked portion as cooked.

6 August 2012 at 18:40  
Anonymous Michelle said...

You could cook it up and use some with a meal that day, warmed up with gravy for a hot beef (or the like) sandwich and the third (not sure if it would last that long, best ask you know where) fried up with potatoe, cabbage and a smidge of gravy
:)

6 August 2012 at 21:09  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That sounds the kind of way to go Michelle, I think we'll all be eating smaller portions soon and losing weight. That's it it's a cunning plan to stop us being obese.

This won't mean much to those who don't know what is coming, I will have to think how and whether I should feature it on my blog...

I want to try and do it as unbiased as I can but I and many others have an opinion but this time many that will be affected are those not receiving State help, it's virtually everyone in work or not...ill or fit, young and old and the Olympics has been a good diversion to bury bad news or try and placate the masses.

6 August 2012 at 22:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home