My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, July 02, 2012

A New Week Begins...

In approx five hours I'll be having my bloods taken at the Dr's surgery ready for my appointment with the Consultant at the hospital on Thursday. Hope all is well.

It's another wet day and doesn't look too nice out there.

In the end I just had some chicken, tomato and lettuce in some buns yesterday in the evening but today I will have a small chicken salad this afternoon and vegetables, potatoes, chicken and gravy tonight!

For the rest of the morning I'll avoid eating and I'll stick to drinking plain water.

I don't think that I have anything to buy today so quite a quiet day ahead unless something unexpected happens. You'll see from my comment I did buy some things after all...

I was running a little late and thought that I may miss my appointment at the Dr's, I was so close but I thought "I'll never make it!" so I caught a taxi in the town. I found myself waiting in the surgery for 15 minutes and then approx the same amount of time before the bloods were taken as the young nurse wnated to check with the senior nurse that she was taking all the tests that she should be. So I could've walked to the surgery after all and saved that taxi fare after all. How annoying is that?

7 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

I hope the visit to the doctor's went well, Gildy.
With his premium rate phone number, I'm surprised he/she doesn't charge admission to the surgery!

You really are having abysmal weather in your part of the world. It has been bad enough down south but not nearly as bad as you're getting. It must be getting quite depressing.
You need a little treat to cheer you up. Hmmmm...... I wonder what.

2 July 2012 at 12:47  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well, I'm having the meal tonight that I should've had yesterday so that should be nice(I managed to find 4 cd's in a charity shop)this time three were quite classical. Bryn Terfal, a male voice choir(the Voices of the Valley)Lesley Garrett singing Hollywood songs and The Mavericks.

I am in credit on my credit card so am debating whether to leave that their for emergencies or to download some music if I choose wisely.

My prescriptions were ready too...

The bloods were taken ok but we'll find out if the consultant is happy on Thursday...and I am not going out until then.

I'm afraid I did spend today but that's more items for my store but I bought another chicken, cooked ham, tin of chopped pork, milk, buns and muffins, tomatoes, crisps, sliced and whole mushrooms, chocolate digestive bars, some sweetened cappucino coffee 350g for £2.25(I thought that was a good buy)scones, mayonnaise, apples.

Probably because it can be made quick since Mum passed away my main hot drink is coffee, it's been ages since I drank tea. I make my coffee weak and with lots of milk.

If I use those little sachets I can can get three drinks of coffee out of one sachet!

2 July 2012 at 17:32  
Blogger crl2amb said...

That was very annoying about the taxi. If you had been late though, they would have turned you away!

Cx

2 July 2012 at 23:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well, I'll know for another time Carol. I'd have prefered that money coming off my shopping.

On this occasion I had almost completed my walk(another five minutes might have been enough.

My potato peeler has got jammed, no idea how and trying to free it has damaged it!

Something else to buy...Midnight, I have just finished my meal!

Still I'm not rushing to bed and I enjoyed it.

Ant x

3 July 2012 at 07:52  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You'll realise by the date stamp on the last post, I had corrected it and reposted, that's why though I say it's midnight, it looks as though I wrote it 8 hours later...

3 July 2012 at 07:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You only have yourself to look after and you should be sure to be ready on time for an appointment. You don't have any excuse for being late now, so next time give yourself enough time to get ready. I prefer to be 10 minutes early for an appointment than rushing last minute.

3 July 2012 at 15:30  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I certainly will ;-)

3 July 2012 at 17:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home