My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dull, Dull, Dull...

It gets no better...lots of rain, a colourless sky and a bit of loud thunder and lightening.

I had some buttered toast, marmalade and coffee earlier.

Will have some chicken tonight but what to have with it...perhaps a simple salad. Tomorrow, perhaps a traditional Sunday meal. Monday...sandwiches?

I've been a bit neglectful on the cereal and fruit, these past few days, so I won't be surprised if the fruit has gone off. We'll see. I don't throw much out. But I have to buy what I think I will use and avoid shopping every day.

I write the above and then the sun comes out!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

How's that...I've had some more toast!

30 June 2012 at 19:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what your trouble is, Gildy? You're living in the wrong place. It's been lovely here for the past two or three days.

As you know, I haven't been looking forward to the Olympics any more than you have.
Things have changed.
For years, my son has done voluntary work at a school for disabled children. Well, one of the boys, a 13 yr old Downes Syndrome lad, has been selected for the swimming at the Paralympics. So now, I'll have a reason to watch. Needless to say, the whole school is excited and so am I!

30 June 2012 at 19:17  
Anonymous VQ said...

Ooooops. I don't know how that happened. ^ that was me!

30 June 2012 at 19:18  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hi VQ,
It easily happens, I guess you signed up to blogger so you could use it and when you left your comment yo pressed the wrong button regarding which identity you were posting as.

Just watch the Paralympics or that event :-)

I don't know what's gone wrong with our weather...

Someone will say I'm being lazy but as I have been surfing and litening to the radio I've stayed in bed...otherwise I'd just be sitting on a chair in front of the desktop pc...so I may as well be here.

I did not eat any chicken in the end. I had scrambled egg with melted cheese, streaky bacon and brown sauce, a chocolate digestive bar and coffee.

I put Radio 5 on to hear Stephen Nolan even though he annoys me a lot and I find though it's after 10pm Wimbledon is still on and Murray is playing!

It surely cannot be light enough to play now or is it under the court with the roof and there are lights?

30 June 2012 at 22:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was under the roof with daylight lighting. As it didn't finish until after 11 they would have had a problem seeing each other, let alone a ball.

30 June 2012 at 23:45  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Someone said that 40 minutes was lost whilst closing the roof :-) Good job they let it go on as long as they did rather than stopping it and having to wait until Tuesday to play the odd few games remaining.

30 June 2012 at 23:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home