My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, July 16, 2012

LIfe Is Going Great...

And then it Kicks you in The Teeth...

In my case it  was losing Mum and now wondering what the future holds regarding where I will live, what my income will be and my health etc...I know it's the same for everyone...it's the unknowns...

For someone else, it could be the loss of a job, becoming a carer to someone, being made homeless, a murder, an operation that goes wrong...oh the list could be endless...(I also appreciate that the opposite is true and there are many good things that bring joy)but take out the materialistic side of life, what matters most are loved ones and your friends and family.

Sadly, at some point these important aspects of life are taken away and it's how you cope with such adversity. It's them or you...

But many of these things that hit you come out of left field.

By chance I came across the Twitter account of a radio 4 continuity announcer. Lovely voice to listen to and thankfully they are still an important part of the radio network(many stations have dropped this aspect of radio)and you go from one programme to another. At radio 4 they do an important job connecting programmes and informing the listener bits of information and naturally are there should the system break down.

So one young male announcer suddenly found himself feeling fine but with no voice. No pain. Eventually he had to see a Dr and was referred to a consultant and his vocal cords had paralysed. He has had to go through various tests and be retrained how to use them.

Whether they will be as strong as they used to be or the problem will come back, who knows...I have heard him in recent days and he has been able to resume his career but the voice is weaker, I hope it will come back stronger, as I am sure nobody wants more than himself but who would have thought that was going to happen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home