My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Almost Light Outside...

It has been raining again.  I see some blackbirds flying around already.
I'm doing a little catching up on the radio I missed earlier via the internet. I will go back to sleep soon...

Today, I think that I will have an orange juice, cereal and fruit followed by toast and coffee.

Later a small salad.

Later, possibly some scrambled eggs. At least I am making the effort.

Since writing the above I have already had toast, marmalade and a drink of blueberry juice.

Update:It's afternoon now, may go out see if there's any money for me before things change as it will, buy some cookware for the microwave and perhaps some bread. And get back home as quick as possible out of the rain...

Update 2:Teatime now...I'm back. Money was waiting for me today. That always makes me feel a little safer knowing there is something for an emergency and for paying a bill...

I purchased a jumper at the charity shop, a nice white cotton one originally from M&S. I obtained  my microwave cookware, enough for me. And on one item it says how microwaves use a lot less power than an ordinary oven. So hopefully my purchases of a combi microwave, my ordinary micro and the halogen oven were a wise decision after all.

Perhaps I did not need it as there is only me and I use mainly mugs. So why would I but I purchased a teapot. I can put tea or coffee in it and I could even add milk so its just to pour out. I thought as it has a handle and a lid it might be safer for me to carry and it will keep it hot until it's needed.

Otherwise, it is a pretty normal shop...some bread, bacon, a little meat(pork burgers)already cooked so I can have them hot or cold)hot dogs, sliced mushrooms, whole mushrooms, sausage rolls, onions, half a cucumber, brown sauce, some scones, garlic, fresh vegetables(prepared cauliflower, carrot and broccoli)eggs. 


I did not have any beer glasses so I thought just in case I decide not to drink straight for a can or bottle I'd buy some(they only cost 98p for four)I also saw my first Red Party Cups popular in the States so I purchased some of them, they are very strong disposal plastic cups, large enough for booze. Only I will probably wash and reuse them if/when I open them. 


They have become popular around the world and are often to be seen on many US tv programmes. I don't know if those I found are copies or original bu they are close enough(they were £2.50 for 15.Going by the prices here that seems reasonable.I was about to say earlier in the year there was even a song in the US charts about the cups. That can be seen and heard at the same link. Popular with students and I suppose because they are safer at parties than using glass. You can watch it and lose the ad on screen.

As I write this it has been a really big downpour with many houses unable to cope with the amount of water so it's been overflowing the guttering. How much more rain are we to suffer this year?

I later discovered this was nothing like what had happened further North with flash floods and resulting in the closure of Newcastle Railway station and train services between England and Scotland and the opposite direction to London due to landslides. Also the Tyne Bridge being struck by lightening...

3 Comments:

Blogger crl2amb said...

It is absolutely blazing hot here in Surrey Anthony. So humid and sticky. Maybe it will break for us later?

I would not wish torrential rain on anyone, for some reason we are very lucky around here and it is only the roundabouts that seem to get flooded. It must be awful to have all your belongings completely ruined by water.

I do recall though as a child, people boating up our high street, so it did happen then. There is still a mark outside a shop called Debenhams where the flood waters rose to and it was to the height where ground floor and first meet.

I am exhausted coping with working and this heat so not at my best.

My job today involved this heat, an aga cooker and ironing all at once - can you imagine? I am worn out!!

Cx

28 June 2012 at 18:18  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I can imagine Carol,
You won't feel like doing much that's for sure. I hope that you can rest a little tonight. The worst thing is if you are unable to sleep.

Not my most interesting post(telling what I have purchased)

I surprised myself buying that teapot!

I am not planning on going out now until Monday when I go to the Dr's surgery to have my blood tests. I hope all is well...

28 June 2012 at 18:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That Aldi is coming on in leaps and bounds...

28 June 2012 at 20:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home