My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Not Sure When...

but I am toying with the idea of trying to watch a little more tv. Well, any tv to be honest. I may find that I still cannot concentrate for long and become bored easily.

Initially, I may decide to try and watch one film each day but I will be looking at older films I suspect, the other strand that may attract me the most could be programmes to try and persuade me to take more of an interest in cooking again, to do more than salad, cereal and fruit, fry up's and traditional Sunday meals.I grill where possible but I do at least use olive oil(and bacon can be done in a microwave without adding anything)

But I'm doing fine on all of those and I still have plenty of simple easy meals and snacks I can do from baked beans, soup and the like. Then again what more do you need as long as you rotate ingredients and you are eating fish, chicken(other meats)cheese, eggs, vegetables, fruit, cereal, various spreads, fruit juices, milk, tea, coffee and salad.

I still find that I don't need to eat as much as I did but I think I had even got out of the habit before Mum become ill. And yet I love food.

I still miss Mum and it seems strange cooking for one. And I am a bit sloppy when preparing a meal these days days. I'm sure I'll improve on that score. But at least I do try. I still wonder if I am doing well as I believe or whether suddenly months down the line it's going to hit me hard. I hear so many tales of where you get a delayed reaction.

So I use the microwave more in the next few days I may invest in some kitchenware. A lot of what I cook can be done quite easily in a microwave.

4 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

From the tone of your blogs, I'd say that you are doing very well, Gildy.
I don't believe it will suddenly hit you because you had known for a while that it was coming. It wasn't a bolt from the blue even though it must still have been a shock when it happened.

As far as food goes, so long as you concentrate on fruit and veg plus a little protein, you can't really go wrong.
I can't remember whether you have a Lidls nearby. I think perhaps not which is a shame because they do really good smoked mackerel, far superior to what other supermarkets sell. It's nutritious, delicious and cheap.
I eat very little red meat these days, sticking mainly to chicken and fish. I believe it's healthier. Also, I think that shop-bought pies are a heart attack waiting to happen.
Goodness knows what goes into them.

No. You're doing okay. I'll soon let you know if I think you're not!

27 June 2012 at 15:06  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks VQ :-)
That's what I need...one day I can see me writing a few posts on here and I'll realise that I have talked about "Something else"

We are getting an Aldi, it's being built now. Thanks for the suggestion...

To be honest I realise that I have been eating very little meat. I think I can honestly say that my favourite vegetable is a tomato and I really do go through a lot of them.

Three or four times I have purchased curly kale or a cabbage of late and never used it but I determined to eat them this time...perhaps with my chicken which I have to cook no later than Friday.

27 June 2012 at 15:19  
Blogger crl2amb said...

Thanks for the tip about the mackerel VQ, I love it and the less you have to pay the better!

Oooh I can't remember where I heard it, but it was about genetically modified food and that tomatoes (not all hopefully) have been crossed with squid! Ever since I keep thinking they taste funny.;)

Very envious if you have an Aldi coming near to you Anthony. We have to drive about 13 miles to our nearest. I tend to stock up for a month at a time. Wonderful shop.

Duncan Barkes did a section about discount SM's on his show the other night.

Cx

27 June 2012 at 17:28  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

If they don't make me move(though I cannot see it from my home)it and Tesco's are literally at the bottom of my street. All the shops are that close.

That's why it's so annoying needing taxi's. Then again if I only shop occasionally and use a taxi only one way, it's not too bad.

27 June 2012 at 20:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home