My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What A Lazy Day...

I had a reasonable night of sleep in between downloading podcasts from the Naked Scientists website...before I knew it, it was 1pm!

I haven't had anything to eat yet but a few mugs of coffee. I may have that half a pizza later but for now I think I'll do a jacket potato with some melted cheese(I can do that in approx 6 minutes in the microwave)

I went out at 1pm...no money at the post office :-(

Then popped into the freezer shop, bought some cup a soups and other items cheaper than at the supermarket. Not a lot...

Then into Mum's bank with the invoice for the funeral, it has to be done.  :-(

They told me they want to see the Death Certificate again, it did not fax through to wherever they send these details correctly(bet they've just lost their copy)

Then into the shoe shop for a new pair of trainers(£12.99)but until they fall apart or it's raining, I'll still wear the old ones...

Then to my bank to sort out a letter that arrived from Sky TV that looked as though they were trying to take approx £4 off me even though I cancelled my subscription ages ago and told my bank to stop any Direct Debit instruction to pay Sky in the future but the truth is that they may've paid me £4 that they think they owe me...I bet that doesn't happen very often.

Then I phoned our vicar for some advice regarding Mum's ashes. She said as far as she is aware there is no real time limit on when ashes have to be scattered unless the crematorium is short of storage space...to contact them again and explain that I am not ready to scatter them yet, she said the crem is as nice a place to leave my dear Mum though...she could see my point about the expense of having Mum mentioned in the Book Of Remembrance as being too much and that few if any will ever see it.

That having Mum mentioned in a similar book at the local church on the town is probably a better idea as it is easier to get to for me and nearer. There ius to be a service soon for all of us who have lost loved one's and she will be sending me an invitation soon to attend...

She tried to alay my concerns over Mum's care and whether more could've been done and whether the coroner missed anything but the fact that they did not raise concerns or request an inquest as she says thay are experts in such matters.  They also issued a certificate allowing the cremation to take place. Once you are cremated you cannot question how or what the causes  of death are and it would not bring Mum back...

Then as I was near the charity shop, even though I compalin about the cold usually, this time I purchased a couple of shirts that were rather nice at at 99p each they were a bargain...

Then I made a quick call into the supermarket to get some things for my store cupboard. If I could've walked home with the shopping it was like getting it for free but I had admit defeat and order a taxi...

But as I only used it one way and avoided it earlier I still saved a little...

I found I was tired when I came home so I haven't managed to tidy today as planned but I can catch up tomorrow. There's not as much as there was to do...I lay on my bed and fell asleep. My energy seems a bit low today...

I feel mainly ok but am a bit mixed up, I suppose it will happen like this...

Well, I'll go and take those meter readings, I'm slightly late tonight and then perhaps get on with that jacket potato(which I have had)I added some chutney, followed with a creme caramel desssert and a small fruit juice...still using what I originally was giving Mum.

Now laid on my bed listening to the radio and typing on the laptop...on the radio is an interview/documentary about the singer Engelbert Humperdinck, Mum would've enjoyed that, that's what's so strange to think that I can still listen to his music and Mum bless her cannot and just as Mum was looking forward to the Queen's celebration in June, I think this year with Eng representing the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest I think she'd have been watching it this year too.

10 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Gildy, if you don't eat regular meals, you're bound to be low on energy.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner - even if they're only snacks, so long as they contain protein, carbohydrates and vitamins.

23 May 2012 at 20:21  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You are right VQ,

When I do eat I try to make certain that I have food from the main groups such as milk, fruit, cereal, porridge,potato,salad, bread, vegetables, pulses etc...

Though expensive items are out for the minute but I am still trying to eat well, sometimes eating cheaper items can be false economy.

I may eat less or have fewer meals but I try to have a variety.

23 May 2012 at 21:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having big mugs of coffee and nothing else all day is not at all good.

It isn't any good saying what bargains of food you've got, and then not eating anything is silly.

At this rate, you'll have your store cupboard.......and you will be undernourished because you are not eating. Think about today where food is concerned.

VQ is right in what she says. You should have a routine now. Have three regular meals during the day. Yes, you can eat when you want. I do, but I always have porridge or cereal as a start.......and then two meals later.

I would have thought that with any health problems, eating a good healthy diet is very important.

24 May 2012 at 04:51  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I agree but you can eat smaller portions spreading it over the day.

Porridge is a good slow release energy food...

You don't need as much if you are not burning the calories off.

I'll probably have some cereal and fruit later(I've just had some toast...)

24 May 2012 at 05:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But at 7.48 pm you said you hadn't eaten all day.......hence my comment! So no small portions then!

24 May 2012 at 07:37  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'll conceed that I didn't yesterday.

24 May 2012 at 10:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have said quite a few times you haven't eaten all day, not just yesterday.

24 May 2012 at 14:21  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm about to eat a big bowl of cereal with semi skimmed milk, blueberries, strawberries and banana...

Later I think it will be sweet and sour chicken.

Possiblly a salad later than that or vice versa...

24 May 2012 at 15:54  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I had some small smoothies still remaining from when Mum was alive so I had one of them earlier...I have a smoothie maker but though fruit juices are not too badly priced in the supermarket and often are on offer, smoothies are still quite expensive so once these have been used up I probably will avoid buying them.

The same with milk shakes...sometimes they cost £1 or more for one drink...

I'll probably have to make my own using those powders that are usually meant to replace a meal, adding the powder to semi or whole milk...but even making my own they come in at around 50p per drink.

Given the choice of eating well or heating the house...food takes priority with me...perhaps by eating smaller portions or less what I lose in one way I can buy better items that will benefit me more...

24 May 2012 at 21:58  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I had the sweet and sour chicken and a little strawberry trifle...don't think I've room for anything else...

24 May 2012 at 22:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home