My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, May 18, 2012

It Would Appear That My Home Is At It's Coldest...

mid afternoon...and I am quite cold as I sit here.

So though its not very nice outside, I think I'll have a look out for an hour. The highlight of my day...a walk around the charity shop and supermarket. Trying not to use the taxi...

You know that I have been buying the "Every Day" range of goods that Tesco's have brought out to try and get a variety of household goods and food but save money.

I have said that one item has been out of stock for almost a fortnight and though there is a space for it I don't think they've ever had them in stock or perhaps once and never again. What is it? Good old fashioned Corn Flakes. Unless they are so popular they go as quick as they come in...

Here's a good question I haven't seen answered anywhere...

You can buy ready meals like shepherd's pie with vegetables, gravy and mashed potato on top. You can cook it in a microwave or a conventional oven.

If you have browned your own mince, cooked your veg, have gravy and some mashed potato to put on top. Could you(to save using a conventional oven and save energy)put it in a microwave and cook for the same length of time as you would one purchased in a supermarket? Or should it not be put into a micro?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if it's fully cooked before freezing it should be fine, Gildy. Give it a go and find out.

Jan

19 May 2012 at 18:25  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I suppose thinking about it, there is no reason why it should not work. If taken out of the freezer and defrosted first or you've just browned the mince and then put it in the micro straight away with vegetables and gravy and topped it with potato, I cannot see why it would not be safe...

Thanks Jan I'll try it soon...

20 May 2012 at 13:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home