My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Slept Well Again...

and was nice and warm. I did have a mug of coffee and some toast and marmalade and went back to bed(I had no idea when I got up that it was only 5.30am)

I am reasonably bright and calm. I seem at my best when on here, listening to the radio or resting in bed(Though some will say I am sleeping my life away)

I feel at my loneliest and saddest when trying to watch tv programmes and often find myself losing interest half way through what I am watching or if a person or programme comes on that we watched together, I find it hard to accept I am watching it alone or I think what a pity that Mum can no longer do so.

Mum would have liked the new Blockbusters...I watched a documentary about the BBC's "Doughnut" TV Centre that is to be sold off in 2015 and saw all the people we used to watch reminiscing about the programmes made there and the time they spent there...again bringing back memories.

The other night Mum would have enjoyed the radio documentary about Perry Como and next week there is a special on Englebert Humperdink but I have to try and still listen and stay interested because I like them and I suppose I doing so for Mum too.

No doubt I will still have times where no matter how many years pass by I will lose it but it will ease. But hey, my time is passing by too. And I cannot change that either. Oh dear!

I guess you could split our time into three sections...I've had my childhood and teen years...my middle years and now its the "twilight years" but for many of us I suppose 50 is the new 40, only I'm half way through that at the end of the month.

It's strange, my grandma amost lived to be 100, her sister 103 and yet all the girls(Mum and her sisters) passed away so much younger, if we'd spotted Mum's illness sooner I think Mum probably could have reached such a milestone. She was such a fighter and proven how fit she was surviving a fall downstairs and a hip op. I still can't forget the consultant saying what Mum had was slow and it could probably be controlled and kept localised. Its that damn pneumonia, I still wonder if my cousin was right.

But I'm off on that train of thoiught again. But you know, in her final days Mum's temperture had caused some concern and she was sweating a bit when in bed. Maybe that shows something could've been done. Why did I not call a Dr in? Or the home? Maybe some antibiotics could've cleared up the problem. But we'll never know.

4 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

It's still VERY early days, Gildy.
I promise you that things will get better.

18 May 2012 at 11:41  
Blogger Span Ows said...

So you're into the werewolf/vampire saga then? Not as old as you make out
:-)

18 May 2012 at 12:28  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You're right VQ. Our minds are made to compensate and accept/adapt to situations often without the need for medical intervention but if I feel I do need help, I'll seek it out.

As long as I can avoid needing a nursing home or lots of care(and don't get dementia or Alzeimers)but I'm not going to worry about that. What will be will be...

Then again if that happens I suppose I won't know...

Of course I have my Kidney problems in the background...which may cause concern but so far...so good.

Trust you Span :-)

18 May 2012 at 12:52  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

When I write such things, that maybe makes me sound quite negative but honestly I don't mean it to sound that way, that I am looking for problems that aren't there for now and hopefully won't be...

Tell you what is sad, I will post and talk to you my friends as long as I am able to either because I can afford to or something happens to me...unfortunately, if I suddenly stop there is no one who can come on here and explain what's happend and you may always wonder where I disappeared to...and I could think the same about you!

If I know I shall be away or I suddenly have to stop in advance I will say so...

18 May 2012 at 13:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home