My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Tell You What I Have Found...

If you like what I call the real "Easy" listening type music that isn't heard much on our radio these days. If you have broadband, streaming of radio doesn't use a lot of your allowance and especially if you have unlimited access to the internet and you could probably listen to ten hours without noticing what has been used. Especially if the bit rate is low.

You can find just about anything.

In the case of Iive 365 there are no ads or they are few, they tell you what is being played on the screen and each piece of music is playted without anyone talking over the music.

The one I have taken to for now is called Music From The Blue Light. If you'd like to hear it click on the name of the station shown in blue...

A great selection of easy listening hits and standards, with Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Sarah Vaughan, Ray Conniff, the McGuire Sisters, Johnny Mathis, Dean Martin, Andy Williams, Henry Mancini, Nat Cole, Peggy Lee, many more.
But I suspect that they play the same selection for a few weeks and then update with new material so if you listen a lot you may have to seach another station out...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally wouldn't want that selection of singers on a wall to wall basis as it is a bit like eating Hamburgers all day. One needs variety in one's music diet and I get all mine from the classical repertoire and have over 300 classical CDs from which to choose.
People singing is anathema to me and would rather have my music unaccompanied by the human voice - there are exceptions though!
However, nothing wrong with a bit of Sinatra or the Carpenters occasionally.

Nick

18 May 2012 at 15:09  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well Nick,

That's where you do a search and see what can be found ;-)

I bet there are some classical stations somewhere, sometimes it makes a nice change to have station playing instrumental music.

I have seen a few surprises on the station I mentioned today.

I like some classical music but though it moves me, it does often make me feel sad. I think my favourite composer could be Mozart but once yoy say that you start to remember many more.

I would find it very difficult picking music for Desert Island Discs.

I don't know how I feel about watching The Last Night Of The Proms this year or the Rememberance event in November, it might be too hard this year.

Some music is very emotional for me.

18 May 2012 at 15:22  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Friday Night Is Music Night on Radio 2 was all classical music...still available to listen to online for the next seven days...

18 May 2012 at 20:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home