My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

I Don't Know How Heavy...

the data transferred from You Tube will be as I have avoided watching video on the Internet(by that I mean tv and films)via the various players in the UK.

I now see that many classic tv clips/shows of great performers not seen over here from old US shows featuring stars we'd only see in films or British stars appearing on TV in the States are available...So perhaps I have found something else to do on the Internet, these include appearances on This Is Your Life, What's My Line etc...pity that they cannot be saved...

But I'll watch in the early hours to avoid using up the allowance I have during the day which may not please others if it slows down the speeds...

I have asked my ISP what the situation is and been told "Go for it!" What I have used so far is seen as chickenfeed...

4 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I watched an old Burns and Allen tv show last night with guest star Jack Benny which I enjoyed...

29 May 2012 at 06:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It was funny watching how they brought product placement and adverts into the programme. On this one the announcer Harry Von Zell was given the job telling you how to make perfect custard with Carnation Condensed Milk.

Harry's most famous blooper/gaff was introducing on a live radio broadcast the President of the United States Herbert Hoover or I believe called Hubert Heever!

29 May 2012 at 17:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't they wonderful, Gildy? :o)

Since we went to digital broadcast television here, we are getting a lot of channels that show old programs. I absolutely love it1

As for You Tube, you can spend hours and hours on there. :o) I discovered Last of the Summer Wine on there last year. What a great program! So funny.

Jan

3 June 2012 at 10:49  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

We still don't really get to see the old stuff in the UK and still don't know if that's because they don't think enough people will watch. They say people won't watch black and white films much any more which is a pity as people are actually missing out on some wonderful films.

What seems to happen over here is that a series is shown on one tv channel and then it moves to another and just works its way around.

We don't even get to see Laurel and Hardy and once they were always on.

3 June 2012 at 13:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home