My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, May 25, 2012

I May Get A Nasty Surprise Yet!

But though I have changed my telephone line rental to my ISP instead of what was originally the telephone company that was associated with telephones in the UK British Telecom...Now cut short to BT I package that says I am not supposed to make calls during the week between 7am and 7pm but I can phone out between 7pm and 7am but once it gets past 10pm I cannot think who I would call, that would be so unthoughtful calling someone in the early hours of the morning or just as someone goes to bed...

I can phone any time over the weekend.

0800 numbers are free.

Other numbers cost including 0845 numbers but you can look at your details to see what you have actually spent on calls.

During the agreed times of your calls they give you £55 of credit so if you are phoning nowhere particularly unusual and are careful you could have free calls all month and they give the same amount of credit the next month.

Also, it appears that if you talk for under 60 minutes, disconnect and call again, the call is free.

What a pity that I have no one to call...

Anyhow, I had to call during the day yesterday trying to sort out the energy bill. I am sure that one was an 0845 number but checking my details online I see no evidence that I have been charged as yet and I was on the phone last night but if I am not charged for that I guess it means that I stayed within the limit of an hour.

Update:So far the calls during the day have not been charged for and the evening call came in arond 56 minutes and was free...either because I phoned at the right time or I still have some of my credit unused...

I may be able to drop eventually to a cheaper package for my broadband too...at present I have managed to only use 31GB and that is between midnight-8am which does not affect my official allowance between 8am and Midnight(60GB)and during that time I haven't used 4GB yet. And I have been online 17 days so I am well within my limits...

And what I am downloading is done so quick I am not online all night. It's got to the point unless I do some streaming or listening to radio/music, I am pretty well up to date on anything I want in the way of pod casts and so far I haven't watched any tv or films via the service.

And to some extent I am still looking at the same sites that I always did and that means mainly surfing, an odd email, posting on my blog and a few forums.

Well, I had a mug of some kind of Chinese noodles perhaps an hour ago, so I think the next thing I may do is make a salad or some salad sandwiches and then take to my bed and listen to what remains of Desmond Carrington's Friday show and Friday Night is Music Night. Mum and myself would've shared the music but now its just me again...sad but true.

I may mess about on the laptop in bed later but I usually fall asleep...

Update:The phonecalls made at the weekend seem to be free too  an d it looks like I haven't been charged. I cannot see any reduction in my allowed monthly credit. It's funny how years ago I used to talk about switching to a different telephone provider and now Mum's no longer here, I have...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home