My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

How Morbid!

I wandered out around 4pm and yes, walked around the town centre(Where else am I going to go?) I bought a couple of buttons, I found out that I had managed to pop a button off my shirt but couldn't get one quite the same so I'll either sew one new one on or replace the two so that they match on the breast pockets.

Still no money at the Post Office :-(

Purchased a couple of items at the Supermarket, some sliced turkey, salt, luncheon meat, blueberries...came home and decided to have a lie down and a quick fiddle on the laptop. Thought I'll eat something as I watch the Eurovision Song Contest but you know what I fell asleep with the laptop on my knee, out like a light and knew absolutely nothing for nearly 45 minutes. No dreaming. I had to think for a while to work out what time of day it was...

It's just like being dead!

Now that I am awake, I will eat something, when I drag myself downstairs, perhaps a salad(again)or just fruit, milk and cereal. And I don't think I can be bothered to go downstairs sit and watch the TV. I think that I may simply stay put on the bed and listen to it on the radio. As I write this all I have on electric wise if you don't count the fridge/freezer is a DAB radio.

I suspect I'll drift off to sleep again...when  you sleep all seems ok.

I don't think that I can listen to the Eurovision Song Contest all night, think I'll just return for the voting...

I do attract people who share their life experiences with me...on the way to the supermarket someone asked if I was ok...you can see that walking is a struggle.

We got talking...he emphasised with me but he too said that his wife passed away two and half years ago with cancer and he still misses and talks to her each day. She arranged her own funeral and picked the music that was played.

They tried chemotherapy which failed and it sounds although radiotherapy helped prolong her life for approx 18 months she went through it and suffered. She was unable to eat at times, hair loss, lost her voice, in a wheelchair and so on. She was only 60 and he showed me photo's of her on his mobile phone.

He is also struggling to keep a roof over his head, live on the small pension he has and yes, pay his utility bills(He's with NPower)and owes approx £300 but last winter he wanted to be warm so had his central heating on but he hopes as the year progresses it will level out. Think he pays approx £90 per month.

He too feels that he is just doing what he has to because he has to and he says that he gets frightened especially if he perhaps feels ill in the middle of the night and he is alone because she was always there(they were married approx 35 years)He hates going back to an empty house...and  even when out of the house he knows that she is still not in the World.

People have so many similar stories. Well, to be honest, if you have any feelings and service remembering loved one's with music, candles and quiet thoughts at the local church on the town are not a cold fish that cannot be reached, everyone of us that survive will experience this horrible side of life. And it is quite something if you are able to rejoice and accept that a loved one is now in a better place where they are no longer suffering but I think those who have such unquestionable faith are few...

Strangely enough a series of programmes on Radio 4 next week are being presented by a Bishop and the subject is all about doubting and questioning one's belief's...

The DWP even chased him to pay back the final State pension she received...If she'd passed away on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday they'd have left well alone but as she died the day the pension went into her account, he had to send it back! They can be so heartless or pedantic! Hiding behind rules which I am sure sometimes can be waived...


There's another tug at the heartstrings event happening on Sunday 10th of June at 4pm...a memorial service where people who have recently lost loved ones can attend and they are mentioned, there is music, the lighting of candles and refreshments are available afterwards for anyone who wishes to stay behind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home