My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Booze...

Well, I have to say that my foray into buying alcohol was quite simple as my booze is in fairly small bottles but today certain lines had sold out or were in short supply and people had gone for larger volumes, I can see the temptation too. Strongbow cider 24 cans 440mls £14 and the smaller pack which had 20 cans were £13 so most people were going for the larger pack! For the sake of £1...I think I have that right!

With the warm weekend I think many were buying with the intention of having a barbecue or perhaps a Eurovision Song Contest party...of course England are playing a football friendly against Norway...

No doubt they'll be back buying more booze for the Queen's Jubilee next weekend...what a long Bank Holiday that's going to be...4 days of it!

When not watching or listening to the celebration, I think I'll hibernate. I can record and play back the radio coverage later so this is one time I may do some tv watching, wish I'd had a little tv wired  into the bedroom perhaps a little FST then I could watch from here...

6 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

I could have done with one of those cans after hearing Albania.
What a racket.

26 May 2012 at 22:22  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I wish I had a smilie I could put here. The best I can do is the following :-)

I did fall asleep and I tuned in briefly to the voting but I have heard enough to know we're in last or second place...

I'm listening to Nolan on Radio 5 and getting angry of how he is dealing with a guest who was at a kind of protest about the austerity measures that are being taken and because one was held outside of the deputy PM's home(they weren't home)it was good natured and held like a street party but he's badgered the guest and just talked about was it right to hold the meeting outside of his home.

Especially if his family had been there instead of what they were protesting about and what made them choose to hold an event there...

It was one of 10 such events around the country largely ignored by the media...he's a wind up merchant...

26 May 2012 at 23:27  
Anonymous VQ said...

Ầ propos of nothing much, have you seen THE blog of the moment?
It's a primary school girl in Scotland, showing us what she is given for school lunch. What an eye opener!
http://neverseconds.blogspot.co.uk/

27 May 2012 at 11:14  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well, perhaps if you are allowed unlimited food the meals being offered in the Scottish school on that blog is good value but so far I am not impressed by what I see VQ and it doesn't seem much for £2(but again is that because the blogger eats small portions)

They do seem to offer variety and manage to avoid the same meal coming around too often but so far the choice seems better from some of the countries that have sent photo's in as a comparison.

It might be interesting to find out which meals we see on the blog are free school meals or paid for. And on those from abroad whether the same is true.

Also, whether a meal in another country if it costs $3.51 is that expensive or cheap by that countries economic standards or how would it compare to what we pay here in the UK.

We also hear sometimes that things are different in Scotland to England and Wales. I wonder what happens in the rest of the UK.

Perhaps Scotland's school meals are actually seen as good and we should follow their lead?

Having said that the blogger seems generally happy with the meals and in the end that's all that matters.

27 May 2012 at 11:58  
Anonymous VQ said...

What shocked me with the Scottish school dinners was the lack of protein. None at all in some meals.
How enterprising for a youngster!

27 May 2012 at 12:14  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Is this because its not available or because the blogger chooses to avoid it?

I did notice that Lamb was offered one day...

Are they offering enough choice from the different food groups? It cannot be that difficult surely...

Sometimes the portions look small but that's ok, that is not always a bad thing especially if you are not burning off the calories and perhaps the blogger unlike other children at her school eats a good breakfast and evening meal when she is at home.

I wonder how many are eating crisps, sweets etc...to and from school which may affect their appetite.

To be honest the lunchbox that had been prepared at home and brought in seemed pretty good to me...

For anyone wondering what we are talking about...have a wander over there and take a look.

27 May 2012 at 12:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home