My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 07, 2012

As We End Today...

Its been a good one...

Mum has been calm and rested. She's happy and content. She's slept, she's listened to her music. Mum has been easy to look after. And everything that should be done has been.

I have not arranged the resuming of carers coming in after Mum's hospital visit. I'll have to and I'll probably aim for Monday but it has been less stressful not having them here. And I say again, all that Mum needs care wise has been done. A break like this can be a good thing even if temporary.

She has drank regularly(Complan, tea, water and fruit juice)I managed to get some meals into her(smaller portions but...)Chicken and Broccoli Pie(that's a bit like Shepherd's Pie)Home made soup with lots of fresh vegetables whizzed up so its easier for Mum to eat.

I don't care when we eat, just that we do. No doubt they'd say its good to have set times for meals.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear it's been a good day! Finally!

If you're happy with the way things are, maybe you should hold off contacting them and see what happens.

And who cares what they say. :P

Hope you have a restful night, my friend!

Jan

7 January 2012 at 22:52  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I guess I'll have to make contact later today, we don't want to but...

The Social Services will contact soon I'm sure and certainly the District Nurse service will.

Mum has enjoyed the break.

Sadly, I think the tumour has grown again which was always the worry.

They've always had Mum's care as pallative.

Others have seen Radio Therapy reduce a tumour in size and been given surgery...Mum is offered the RT but not the surgery.

But I'll have to arrange another appointment with the Oncologist that she missed.

We think(even though the calls from the carer were cancelled until further notice)that one those in charge called to check yesterday morning(No one knocked)but Mum saw a car in our drive and the colour of the car suggests it was them.

Whether it was in error or otherwise I am sure it was them.

8 January 2012 at 07:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home