My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, December 05, 2011

Unless My Budget Is Seriously Curtailed...

I have decided that if I am alone whilst I may go for simple and quick food more often than perhaps I do now...I am going to cook lovely meals for myself and not give up on cooking a Sunday Lunch and similar fare etc...

This Christmas I still plan to cook a traditional Christmas lunch for Mum and myself(Turkey and all the trimmings)and followed by Christmas Pudding...but as last year I am not buying a turkey...nor a turkey saddle...Tesco's and I am sure that other supermarkets will do something similar...they have packets containing eight cooked slices of Turkey with stuffing and I found last year there was enough for a few meals and yes, sandwiches.

And as I do eat smaller portions and don't always stick to rigid meal times, I think with careful planning and the right foods in the fridge/freezer I should hopefully eat well.

And not just give up...

I enjoy cooking which helps but I find myself returning to what I would call comfort/traditional foods and they are perfectly ok for your health.

In many ways when food was on ration during the Great World Wars the British population was probably at its fittest and healthiest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home