My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, December 09, 2011

Sorry Wrong Number...

A fantastic and classic old American Radio drama in the series of the 1940's and 1950's called Suspense starring Agnes Moorehead...

In this day and age unfortunately there are companies and individuals that annoy and terrorise people daily...

Silent calls where no number is left to contact(often dialed out by computer)It may phone hundreds and thousands of people and there are only a handful of people at the call centre picking up on the calls and if you don't pick up you are left wondering who called. If you pick up someone may be trying a scam of some kind.

Thankfully, we get very, very few of these calls and can go for months without being troubled.

Unfortunately, when you are in a situation as I am with someone seriously ill and many people wanting to help or you need to be available for possible phone calls, you have to be there to answer every call. Sometimes you miss a call and you can phone back if they leave a number. Usually, you get the standard lines "We do not have the caller's number" or "The caller with held their number" With either you have an idea if its a private number or a company. But you know at some point they'll probably call again.

Today, I am getting calls that are not ringing long enough to even get to the phone but I did check the last time it called to see if a number was available(there was)

I decided to phone it(I rarely do that)but I am expecting a delivery of some medical items for Mum and I started to think could it be the driver checking I'm in to collect the delivery...I phoned it but every time I hit the fifth digit it kept saying the number has not been recognised.

I phoned our telephone company and they phoned the number for me and they say its coming in from abroad and is not a complete number. So its a funny number! I feel a little better now knowing that, in normal times such calls are a nuisance, at times where you are having serious family problems...it can get annoying.

Unfortunately, what you can do about such practices is somewhat limited but we have done all that we can to protect ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home