My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

We Haven't Eaten Much Today...

But I tend to believe sometimes eating little but often is a good way of going on rather than sitting down to big meals. And I have been nibbling all day.

Mum's still on the Complan and earlier I took some celery, an onion and some carrots blitzed them in the blender with some water containing vegetable stock and made my own soup so that should be good for us. I have chopped up some eggs and tomatoes finely so its more like a paste and I've spread that on some wholemeal bread buns.

So hopefully Mum will have some of them later.

Perhaps, Mum may decide to have some porridge or cereal later.

Any change in Mum's health? I haven't looked at the tumour today though I have cared for Mum and kept her clean and tidy but the only real visible effect of the Radio Therapy is a reddening of the skin around Mum's bottom and the surrounding area that I suppose looks a bit like sunburn so I just make certain that there is plenty of cream in case it is sore. So again...so far, so good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having spoiled ourselves (ha ha)
on 'exotic' food IE. ready meals from the supermarket.My Mum reminded me of some cheap ingredients that you can still get
that are surpringly very good for you. Things like bagged lentils and pearl barley, which you just plonk in water and bring to the boil.Great as a filler for soups or dressing a nice lamb chop.

26 November 2011 at 22:44  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You're not wrong...good wholesome, simple food and often as tasty.

We never ate much at the best of times but made ceratin what we have is generally good.

If you are not having to work and stick to set meal times there is much in the eat small portions but spread throughout the day...

26 November 2011 at 23:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home