My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Bit Of A Cheat...

I did a clear out of my cupboards and pantry the other day...throwing out items past their sell by dates and found I have more soup than I thought so in reality I can avoid buying any for awhile.

For many months I have thought I should make my own soup(It would be no more expensive)and would have fresh ingredients and probably have more goodness in them. I have some great books with recipes but you can virtually put anything you wish into the mix.

Today, I had some fresh cauliflower and broccoli and I knew there was no way it was going to be used in a meal and I was reluctant to waste it. So I whizzed it up in my smoothie machine with some vegetable stock, brought it up to the boil and served it up. It did not taste bad, I know that it has all the goodness of the vegetables too.

And I hope all the fibre too. I might've left it chunky but by liquidising I know Mum can manage it better. I was also able to make at least double the amount of soup you purchase in a supermarket for the price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home