My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

An Observation...Which I Hope Is Good News...

I take heart from two visits earlier today...

Both the Carer and District Nurse have not seen Mum for approx 14-17 days(before Mum's treatment)and both agree that the tumour has reduced in size and it is much less sore than before.

I guess if anyone will notice an improvement it is professionals who see and deal with such matters daily and having not seen it for awhile. Lets hope the treatment continues to make further changes over the coming weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Great news!

23 November 2011 at 21:28  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I certainly hope so...

The charity MacMillan Nurses issued some kind of treport the other day showing that many cancers are better controlled/treated these days and so the survival rate has increased. Rectum/colon cancer survival rate is up 17 fold and many survive upto nine years these days instead of months...

I don't know how much that depends on early diagnosis and what treatment is offered...a combination or one type only and how much.

Obviously, I hope Mum is in the improved category...

24 November 2011 at 05:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home