My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, November 21, 2011

RIP Eric...

Most of the people who live around here stay put for years and years. So many of us only move out in a box.

Around the time Mum was diagnosed, I found out from an acquaintance that three people in my street had passed away in recently, we knew them reasonably well but I guess as we spend a lot of time indoors and do not buy a newspaper you don't always find out until some time afterwards often by chance.

Just like earlier posts about things happening in three's, perhaps its just coincidence but I can remember a similar situation a few years ago where the out of the block of four houses we face onto three people passed away within a short time of each other.

Sadly, we have lost another person...a neighbour. He wished Mum well when he found out about her and now its him.

Decades ago Dad knew Eric's father in law and to earn extra money he drove a taxi for him. Times were difficult so any extra cash was welcome.

All have left this world...the mother in law, Eric's wife, many years ago. Eric was not really old by today's standards(only 68)

Back then when all was well they lived next door to each other in two semi-detached houses and believe they knocked the two properties into one. In time I think the houses were turned back into two. And since then the other house has been been home to at least three families.

All this brings it home as to how mortal we are and how precious each day is.

Ironically, ten days ago a neighbour told me that Eric was so ill and unlikely to get back into his home...what neither of us knew was that he had died the night before so that statement could not have been truer.

Bye Eric...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home