My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, October 07, 2011

That Was A Busy Day...

What's the saying about you can't live with it and you can't live without it!

You don't have to have much money before you are penalised but equally it is hard to get into a position where you are comfortable so you do not need to ask for help.

In this day and age when so many are struggling the threshold on the savings people are allowed is too low.

Sometimes, a small nestegg looks great when you see all those zero's but in reality if you live a reasonable life with little luxury it would soon be used up.

I spent a couple of hours discussing finances. It had to be done. It was made much easier by the attitude of those on the other end of the phone who were probably genuine but if not, at least they have been trained well how to react to what they hear from callers who often will be distressed.

It was quite straight forward but you feel as though you are in a dream talking about someone close to you and their demise, its unreal.

Its not knowing how long Mum has, we may end up paying much more for Mum's care, we may find if we do not delay, we are entitled to more help financially, we hopefully will not be worse off. I don't care if we're worse off.

Mum is the priority. I hope anonymous and anyone else realises that and money is not my God.

I'm getting more worried as the date of our next hospital appointment draws near.

For now you can pretend everything is the same and little has changed. But we know that it has...

Its ironic when I say we don't know how long Mum has...none of us do(I don't)but the difference is that in our situation the Consultant will probably estimate and suddenly we will have an idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home