My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Strange Day Indeed...

Mum had by my standards a restful night and seemed to sleep well.

But knowing that she had to eat very early because of the scan later today...

At 6.45am Mum was having breakfast. I managed to get her to eat a full bowl of Special K, milk with banana and strawberry. Followed by almost a full slice of brown wholemeal toast with Munaka honey(my spelling may be wrong on that one)

She has just had a chicken complan...Mum seems to like the complete range of complan and often asks for them now. She may have another before we leave at lunchtime for the hospital.

I was almost out of a many flavours of complan and couldn't really see when I needed to go out again with the fridge/freezer being stocked up so unusually for me(I don't think I have ever done this before)I was walking around the local Tesco's supermarket at 7.30am where I again came home with the complete range of that product, some extra milk, some kitchen rolls and some cleaning products...

The plan is not to go out shopping well into next week so I can give my full attention to caring for Mum.

I was up early because the recycling truck now collects at 7am and luckily I had mine out and ready for collection but other neighbours were dashing around coming out in their dressing gowns trying to catch the truck before it disappeared so I thought I might as well go and do the shopping. I know life goes on but it seems so strange still having to think about shopping and such tasks...

I have some blankets/sheets to go out on the washing line whilst we are out and hopefully I am on top of it all now but next time we should have the washer.

The carer has arrived to give Mum a wash and put cream on her body to keep it soft and help Mum get dressed and then we can relax if that's the right word and just wait for the time to come around for the taxi to take us to hospital. I know Mum is naturally worried, well, we both are and yet there is a strange calm too.

I've seen Mum as the carer started to wash her and she is still quite thin but I still think she has put some weight on in the places I have mentioned in previous posts. I notice the weight loss more around the back area...

Well, we can only do what we are able I guess...

Update:Dare I admit though I am not showing it...I'm starting to panic about the scan. The result and what it may reveal...Its also causing me to dwell on my own mortality. The thought that one day I could face a similar scenario.

We all want to pass away peacefully and not know our fate.

I sometimes think that I have a faith and belief and then its a human trait I guess, I find myself questioning it all. We knew nothing before we came into the world and its the thought of crossing that line where suddenly we will no longer know anything again.

None of us asked to be born, of course we'd have missed all the wonderful things this world can offer but had we not been born we would miss the pain of losing our loved ones and the scary part when our own life ends, especially if you are told you only have so long to live...but the trouble is that we can't change anything.

This doesn't sound like me at all, I guess we all have to visit dark places at some time, hopefully its temporary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home