My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Maybe It Is That Simple...

The Plumber can do the work regarding the washer for £60 and plans to return in approx 2-3 days time so I suppose that won't make a lot of difference now...

I've activated the Hotpoint Guarantee on the Fridge/Freezer and these guarantees are funny aren't they? They told me that the repair is free but they charge £109.01 call out fee and there is no accidental damage included(you break something...you pay for it)

Well, I have a five year guarantee from the retailer and that includes accidental damage...and I hope the fridge/freezer is of such high standard it will last a reasonable amount of time before I have to worry about calling anyone out.
It is slightly smaller I have found as I cannot get as much food into the freezer but its still ample for the two of us and big enough for me if I was on my own I guess.

Update:I'm just back from a shop at the supermarket.

I've still managed to get quite a bit into the Fridge Freezer and hopefully most of it will do Mum good...

Fresh soups in cartons, salad stuff, tomatoes, five pints of semi skimmed and five pints of whole milk, eggs, fruit juice, cooked chicken breasts, sliced pork, chicken and vegetable pies, leeks, clover, actimal, a variety of frozen veg, Brussel sprouts, kurley kale, Cornish ice cream, Ben and Jerry's ice cream(on special offer)Nestlé's Smarties ice cream cones)on special offer)cheese cake, cheese, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, blueberries, strawberries, oven chips(crinkle and ordinary)fish fingers, salmon, haddock, plaice and two bottles of fizzy flavoured water. It's more than I at first thought.

I don't really understand the first drawer which is for fast freezing as its not really a drawer at all...it is a flap that pulls down and the space is very tiny and it is a most peculiar shape...In the last freezer it was a normal drawer that could be pulled out but this is more like a letter box but it gets narrower the further back you go into the space, its like two slanting walls joining each other. So really it has almost no use.

But I have purchased it so I'll make the best of it. The company suggests that you can create more space by removing some of the freezer drawers but that would mean stacking food on top of food and it probably would look a bit strange and you have to keep moving things around as you look for something.

We have someone coming out to help fill in some forms that may mean Mum is entitled to some extra money towards her care but the trouble is Mum is...like many she wants to show how capable she is and plays down problems, many don't like to admit they are ill(in Mum's case seriously ill)but the Social worker thought that Mum needed care hence why we now have a carer and are paying for the service. If they talk to Mum she'll say she's doing ok...

Often people who need most help, just get on and do it because you have to. And you get used to doing so.

So we'll either get it...or we won't, we'll just have to see...The Social Worker visits tomorrow so I'll talk it over with her and try get some pointers how I should approach this possible help so we hopefully give all the right answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home