My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

I'm Almost Excited...

As long as I am in this house I have the luxury now that I can still do odd items as a hand wash(as it may take time to build up a wash load making it economic to put the washer on)and if the weather is good I can still use the washing lines in the garden.

On the other hand if I have to move in the future and have no garden I will have use of a Tumble dryer and washer. Again, I will be able to use the dryer if I hand wash odd items or have wash load that I have saved up...

The washer I am told has a good spin cycle and because it gets a lot of water out, the dryer does not need to be on as long.

The washer it appears has a good general programme that does most things so I don't have to mess about trying to work out all the programmes so its very much just switching the washer on and it does the rest.

Can I was a duvet in a washer? Will it take a double bed size?

Can I dry a duvet in a tumble dryer?

How do I know what a 6.5 kg load is? Is it guess work?

Of late I have been using a washing powder that only costs £1 a box and seems as good as any well known advertised brand...Its made by Cusson's and is called Morning Fresh(Non Bio)

Should I consider using a fabric freshener?

The vacuum cleaner is not as big as some but is bag less and I picked up a few and this seemed the lightest of the models available. It also has a hose attachment for doing furniture and stairs...

And the fridge freezer is big enough I think(may be slightly smaller than the one I have had)I'm not sure...big enough for the two of us I suspect and would be for me if I was alone.

There were some larger ones or rather they were taller but I would've been struggling to reach inside and would have been lost inside. So I think its pretty close to the size I had...

And again if I have to move hopefully it will fit the new place more easily.

I think the drawers and interior seem more sturdier than others. As it will now be indoors I probably can save some money on the electric bill during the Winter because I had to keep the outhouse warm to stop the freezer from not working.

Even if I leave the heating off in the house it will still be warmer than the outhouse so it should still work ok...

I've bought a five year warranty on everything but the vacuum...for 5 years...so that added another £400 but at least I am covered and I don't have to look for it if times get more difficult. As they will get the hammer they might in a family household, I may be lucky and see them last 10 years, if I last that long...I could do with an extended guarantee on me!

To be honest a lot of what I buy these days if its for the house I tend to think more in terms that this could be the last time that I do as if they last like many of the previous household goods have they'll out live me.

Example? Our TV is approx 30 years old, if I buy another and it lasts that long I'd be well into my eighties...

I hope that I can afford to use everything as energy prices keep increasing each year.

I have had some help from some friends on the the internet so it should be quite easy.

It will be fun learning how to use everything.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that tumble driers eat electricity for breakfast.I am thinking of ripping out the gas fire and going back to an open one with plenty of logs I can get off one member of the family.
I have the old type tube TV (not the flat new type) but checking the wattage rating it seems to use less electric than the new flat types so I will not be replacing that anytime soon.

16 October 2011 at 20:44  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I still liked using smokeless fuel in an open fire too, we had a coke boiler too...

I still think it was cheaper than gas central heating but that's what we have now...

The house is so warm we do not have or need a gas fire...

I will use the tumble dryer sparingly...

I am thinking of going with Freesat so I have a few extra radio and tv channels but don't have to pay subscription...

I will have to change the tv soon so will have to go digital but it will probably an LCD design...Plasma seems to have gone out of fashion...

17 October 2011 at 10:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home