My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Its To Make Mum Comfortable...

That's what I see money for. As a friend said this morning in a PM its awful having to think about money when you have something far more important to consider...

I suppose I could've purchased everything today but to be honest the person left in charge of the store did not seem to know a great deal but I think I have decided on which washing machine,fridge/freezer(Both Hotpoint I think)tumble dryer(Not sure who makes it)and vacuum cleaner(Bissell)I am buying so I may go back on Monday and part with the money.

The tumble dryer because of the way you have to draw off the damp air putting it in to Dining Room is out so that may have to go into the passage that runs alongside the house for now.

I'm a bit concerned that the only space for the washing machine may be a problem, Washing machines are a standard size of twenty three and a half inches in width(Think that's around 60cms)

The space is just that, so its going to be really tight but what may mess things up is there is a piece of wood that supports a work top at the top of the space and that reduces hole further but it would be ok if the machine is not as tall and does not reach that piece of wood.

I'm also concerned if there is no gap around the washer to allow air to circulate and avoid the machine getting over heated.

It won't at the back because there is a large ventilation grill...

If that space is too small I am really thrown, why does something that should be so simple be so complicated?

Someone up in joinery might say I can remove that supoporting piece of wood as another piece runs along the back. But that doesn't affect anything. I'm not sure who I can call in...

I suspect by the time I've finished(and it won't be easy)I'll have spent close on £1,000! I should say it is easy to spend but not easy to find or afford.

Update:A neighbour says that if we remove the skirting board and that wood it will fit...just! It will be tight at the sides but we'll have an inch to play with at the top of the machine, then we have the ventilation grill at the back in the wall and another hole will have to be created for the pipe that the water drains away.

The same neighbour thinks we could put the tumble dryer in the dining room as long as we drape the pipe that takes water vapour away out of the window or we could go for a model that captures the condensation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home