My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, October 07, 2011

If Something Is To Go Wrong...

I've enough on my plate worrying about Mum. We're in the process of buying a washing machine, tumble dryer as advised by the Social Worker and District Nurse. Our vacuum cleaner packed up recently and someone kindly gave us a second hand one last week and its packed up so that needs replacing.

I go out to the fridge/freezer and find its packed up. All the food has thawed. Its been repaired before and I'm not prepared to keep paying out on repairs, I'd rather have a new one.

I haven't enough room in the kitchen for another so it will go into the dining room in the corner and if there it will not have problems with temperatures as in the outhouse. I may put the tumble dryer in there too. We don't use the dining room and I doubt that I would if I was on my own.

I could order via a national retailer but I'll see if a local one on the town can supply all the above so tomorrow will be another busy day.

I've had look on their website and seem to have quite a range of goods and well known brands so I think I can get a washer, tumble dryer and fridge freezer(I haven't seen any vacuums but seeing what they do sell I'd be surprised if there isn't something there to suit our requirements.

Under the circumstances perhaps they may deliver everything tomorrow, if I get there early enough.

I cannot be bothered to claim on the insurance...the time it will take to do so and the premiums will go up.

For the first time(If I am alone I may not bother with insurance)the one time I don't I may regret the decision but we've never claimed in decades. And if everything was lost I don't have much in the way of anything worth replacing. Is it false economy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home